Director, Audience Engagement
Job ID 2019-1671
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
MedscapeLIVE! develops and produces compelling live, face to face educational programs designed to produce behavioral outcomes in a multitude of therapeutic areas and tailored formats across the globe.
This role will work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure that project level marketing campaigns are integrated in the project delivery process. The successful candidate will have strong communications skills, exceptional creative direction (print and digital) and hands on promotional marketing copywriting skills with specific experience in the healthcare or pharmaceutical industry.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Lead the creative and marketing execution of multi-channel marketing campaigns to drive live educational event attendance in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Inspire and direct creative digital and print design, write promotional messaging content, and project manage production workflows for campaign related deliverables with a high degree of service and success (social, email, print and web etc.)
- Ensure all online activity and live event promotional marketing projects adhere to regulatory and project management requirements, objectives, and timelines
- Direct web, CRM, email, social and analytics team members to report on campaign metrics and outcomes
- Drive operational efficiency through collaboration, governance, and training while identifying opportunities for cost savings and process enhancements
- Collaborate with the corporate marketing group on omni-channel marketing strategies and system wide process and platform initiatives
- Build, maintain, and leverage cross-departmental and company relationships to actively identify and address opportunities that contribute to increased business result
- Coach, motivate, manage and train capability within the marketing team
- Other duties as may be reasonably assigned
Education, experience & skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in communications and/or marketing
- 12 plus years overall relevant experience, with 7+ years in B2C marketing with a focus in multi-channel marketing for live events
- Familiarity with Adobe Campaign
- Demonstrated promotional marketing writing and planning
- Confidence in writing and communications skills, as well as developing and presenting concepts to internal and external audiences.
- Demonstrated experience in pharma or medical communications marketing
- Peripheral knowledge of various disease state and underlying sciences is ideal
- Experience producing high-quality creative campaigns in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects with multiple layers and functions within the organization.