Market Research Manager
Job ID 2021-3149
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
Market Research Manager
Medscape Market Research is a unique team within the Medscape Division of WebMD. Our primary goal is to support the healthcare market researcher process utilizing our pool of highly engaged physicians and other healthcare professionals. To learn more about Medscape’s market research offering, go to: www.medscapemarketresearch.com .
The Market Research Manager will be the hands on market research analyst for our external client studies by using online survey based research tools to collect, analyze and report findings. The Manager handles questionnaire design, oversight of fielding and data collection as well as data analysis and report development.
This position is responsible for exceeding client expectations along with hitting yearly revenue goals. The manager must ensure that project deliverables address client objectives and accurately present findings in a clear, concise, and compelling manner. Additionally the market research manager will be able to adapt to our changing business by focusing on constant business improvements and efficiencies.
The Market Research Manager will be responsible for:
- In partnership with sales director, discuss study design with client based on RFP or meetings
- Questionnaire design or review/edit client generated questionnaires to meet client objectives and to ensure survey is programming ready
- Ensure client’s screening criteria and quota criteria is captured in the survey questionnaire
- Review/QC the programmed survey to ensure the accuracy of the logic and survey questions
- Prepare recruitment plans and work closely with U.S. based and off-shore teams to execute the survey recruitment in order to meet quotas by the clients’ deadline.
- Monitor the quality of the data and discard non-qualified respondents (set and apply criteria)
- Write tabulation banner plans
- Review/QC tabulations for accuracy
- Develop study analysis plan and create report shell
- Analyze research results, create PowerPoint charts and write meaningful narratives that effectively convey the implications of the data
- Simultaneously manage multiple research programs
- Meet clients’ timelines
- Monitor field progress, liaise with fielding team and/or client to troubleshoot
- Deliver insightful and meaningful analytics to internal and external clients
- Minimum 8+ years in market research
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required
- Pharma/CPC and/or consultant, research supplier, agency experience preferred
- Experience with a broad range of research methodologies, preferably including some exposure to qualitative
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS-Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint) a must.
- Strategic thinker who is also willing to roll up sleeves and understand the details
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Planning, prioritization, and time management excellence
- Proactive, especially in pushing for new opportunities, approaches, and ideas
- Keenly focused on action and solutions; thriving with deep critical thinking and analysis
- Resourceful, flexible, and adaptable, strong ability to pivot when the need arises