Senior Consumer Health Editor
Job ID 2021-3369
ADDitude, a division of WebMD, has been around since 1998, millions of parents and adults have trusted ADDitude's expert guidance and support for living better with ADHD and its related mental health conditions. Our mission is to be your trusted advisor, an unwavering source of understanding and guidance along the path to wellness.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
Senior Consumer Health Editor
ADDitude magazine, a leading digital and print publisher of service journalism in mental health topics, seeks an experienced health journalist to join our growing editorial team.
Reaching millions of readers each month, ADDitude provides authoritative, actionable information presented with empathy and understanding to parents and adults living with attention deficit disorder and related mental health conditions, along with the professionals who serve them. Please see additudemag.com for more information.
We are seeking an experienced health journalist and efficient editor who can mold authoritative health content in an understandable and engaging voice. Significant SEO experience is a requirement. Experience with webinars, podcasts, and/or video content is a plus.
In addition to generating new content, the Senior Consumer Health Editor will edit and transform writing submitted by professional contributors as well as the personal stories of our readers into clear and compelling content. Writing assignments may vary from short research and news reports to longer feature articles or eBooks with footnotes. Responsibilities include overseeing and editing the writing of junior editors.
Other responsibilities include:
- Edit submissions including features derived from health expert webinar transcripts, news reports, personal essay and blog posts, and other freelancer contributions in keeping with ADDitude’s style and voice
- Write and/or assign feature articles as needed
- Research, organize, and write long-form eBooks that leverage previously published content and include new, updated information as needed
- Occasional feature and department writing for print magazine
- Optimize new and existing content to comply with SEO best practices and guidelines
- Identify opportunities for new content and special packages based on content gaps, seasonality, and/or advertiser demand
- Impeccable writing and editing skills; must be able translate complex information into readable, empathetic yet authoritative prose
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in health digital media and publishing; mental health journalism a plus
- BA or MA in journalism, or equivalent years of experience
- Demonstrated SEO expertise
- Experience with WordPress, Google Analytics, and SEO tools like SEOMoz and ahrefs
- A strong work ethic and top-notch productivity