Director, Strategic Accounts (Pharma Promo)
Job ID 2022-4301
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
The successful candidate will be dedicated to developing and closing new business and growing existing business. The ability to work in a team-oriented environment is essential in order to position highly strategic sales to our manufacturer and agency clients. Presentation and communication skills are essential to be successful in this role.
- Sell current and new strategic digital marketing solutions and ad products
- Develop the strategies needed to help Brand Product teams and Agencies make informed decisions through a consultative sales approach
- Utilize forecasting and business analytical skills to take advantage of opportunities and to expand relationships
- Build relationships with agency and brand decision makers
- Develop and pitch client proposals and opportunities
- Work closely with Sales Planning group to ensure advertising campaigns performance metrics are met/exceeded
- Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent required
- Broad understanding of digital sales, business development and/or strategy within the marketing industry
- Minimum 8 to 10 years advertising sales experience selling to pharma
- 5+ years of Internet sales experience
- Proven history of building successful relationships with brand managers in pharmaceutical companies
- Agency experience in the planning and buying of interactive media a plus, but not necessary
- Superior organizational and planning skills; ability to earn respect from all levels both internally and externally
- Exceptional presentation and consultative sales skills; someone with a demonstrated track record of building durable relationships with Senior level executives at both client and AOR
- Outstanding writing and oral communication skills required
- Ability to effectively track sales pipelines with accuracy
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Demonstrated ability to participate and thrive in a dynamic, fast paced and successful sales environment
- Ability to travel