Full Stack Software Developer
Job ID 2022-4169
WebMD's Health Services business enables employers and health plans to provide their employees and plan members with access to personalized health and benefit information, decision support technology that helps them make informed benefit, provider and treatment choices and provides telephonic health coaching services.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
WebMD Health Services is seeking an enthusiastic Full Stack Software Developer to join one of our agile teams. We endeavor to produce engaging software that motivates millions of people, helping them with their health challenges and habits. Our products incorporate behavioral and medical sciences to deliver an enjoyable experience on mobile and desktop platforms. Numerous health plans and corporations provide these products to their members and employees, advertising-free, to help them improve their health and wellbeing. You will bring joy for the art of programming, a desire to create an elegant and modern user experience, a yearning to always improve your craft, and a passion to help those around you excel at delivering innovative products and experiences together.
This key role will work with the team to:
- Write, review, and improve software so that it delivers a flawless, reliable, and enjoyable user experience.
- Collaborate with team members in many locations to bring out the best that the team has to offer.
- Provide your unique perspective during the architectural, design, and development phases to help us realize collective brilliance.
- Practice a learning mindset, soliciting and leveraging feedback to grow and thrive while helping to improve processes, practices, and our use of industry leading technologies.
- Work closely with a diverse team that includes software developers, product managers, UX/UI designers, and manual and automated quality assurance engineers.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience with C#.NET, or Java. We use C#
- Experience with SQL (writing scripts)
- Able to write unit test for code
- Experience with integration testing
- Strong problem-solving skills to rapidly develop sound and maintainable solutions.
- Strong teamwork, communication, and collaboration skills
- Familiar with Agile software development principles and practices. We use a combination of SCRUM and Kanban practices.
- Familiar with Accessibility standards
- Equivalent experience to a BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Human Computer Design Engineering, User Experience, or equivalent years of experience
- 3+ years as a Software Developer
- 2+ years of experience writing software that is user-facing
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills