Associate Data Analyst
Job ID 2022-4030
Frontline Medical Communications, Inc., a division of Medscape, is one of the healthcare industry's largest medical communications companies and a leader in digital, print, and live events. The Company leads in HCP-level targeting and is ranked 1st in combined web and print engagements. With MDedge?, our state-of-the-art integrated web portal, and audited email database, FMC meets the marketing challenges of our clients with superior reach, optimal sponsorship opportunities, and flexible advertising programs. FMC delivers award-winning, indexed, clinical reviews; practice and policy information; and medical news daily from on-site reporting at major medical meetings, many in collaboration with notable societies, medical associations, and opinion leaders. FMC produces live events, digital click-for-credit, and CME in affiliation with Global Academy for Medical Education, LLC and Hemedicus.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
The Data Analyst is responsible for the production, analysis and communication of standard and ad hoc reporting on key data associated with MDEdge’s content program.
This position will work with our marketing and editorial teams to understand their initiatives, identify reporting needs, vet requirements, design and develop reports, analyze output and present finding. In addition, the role will manage and analyze online traffic data, customer segmentations, profiling, maintaining performance tracking, analyze product marketing behavioral data, campaign and channel effectiveness.
- Produce regular reporting on the performance of content series, articles, and member behavior
- Perform analytics to understand and measure success of programs, including click through analysis, retention, re-engagement and A/B testing
- Provide historical performance, trending and benchmarking analysis
- Work with sales and marketing teams to promote relevant content
- Produce daily traffic analysis for the MDEdge Network sites and identify key influencers
- Use traffic trends to project monthly traffic levels and coordinate with stakeholders in member marketing and editorial on plans
- Analyze campaign performance reports and develop ongoing reporting/presentations outlining program insights and recommendations
- Provide insight on data trends and anomalies, making recommendations where appropriate to improve business performance
- Provide counsel on email and site tagging to facilitate tracking and reporting.
- Ongoing analysis of our customer database providing insights to marketing managers about database growth/changes, website activity patterns, response trends by marketing channel
- Create monthly target lists and generate monthly email usage reports for 3rd party vendors
- Ad hoc analytics on special initiatives as required
- Bachelor’s degree in data analytical fields or at least 4 years additional experience in data analytics
- Minimum 1-2 + years’ experience in a data analytics function and content optimization
- 1+ years’ experience with databases such as SQL Server, Oracle, MS Access, etc. and strong SQL skills. Must be able to write SQL queries from scratch
- Highly analytical with ability to extract and analyze large amounts of data and draw actionable insights and recommendations
- Excellent web analytics skills and the ability to analyze complex sets of data
- Microsoft Excel (including pivots, formulas, and macros) and PowerPoint efficiently to digest the data and correlate multiple data points
- Ability to collect data from multiple sources including web, product, and customer databases to create combined views
- Ability to quickly identify and address operational and process issues
- Ability to understand data relationships, provide insights and deliver results
- Experience with reporting and analyzing web metrics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of web development tools a plus
- Google Analytics, Omniture and Tableau experience a plus
- Working knowledge of Database technologies such as Oracle, SQL Server, Vertica a plus