Ad Product Associate
Job ID 2018-13812
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status
WebMD is seeking an Ad Product Operations Associate to join an experienced and established team responsible for managing a large and innovative portfolio of business for a premier, trusted brand. This individual will have the opportunity to support and implement high visibility advertising initiatives that cross all sectors of the company, including direct management of existing and innovative new product portfolios.
- Assist in managing large ad product portfolio with high level of quality assurance/data integrity, including documentation of protocols, specs, properly associated meta data and integrations with other systems.
- Develop targeting, priority, and other product architecture in collaboration with multiple departments to support site and user experience initiatives.
- Work directly with Ad Operations teams on new product alignment, deployment, training, and troubleshooting.
- Execute changes directly in systems as needed to support site redesigns, ad product portfolio changes, and integrations of external vendors and systems.
- Work with Director of Ad Product Operations and VP of Media Operations on strategic planning initiatives and product planning.
- Pull reports and work with analytics teams as needed in order to validate and assess product releases.
- Create ad product and creative templates as needed for Product Marketing and Ad Operations.
- Participate in regular collaboration/prioritization meetings with Marketing, Yield, Technology, and any other product stakeholders.
- Assist in ad product feasibility reviews for management, Marketing and Sales as needed.
Candidate should have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience working in an online ad media campaign environment, whether at a publisher or agency. Facility with ad systems, reporting, spreadsheets and extensive collaboration with co-workers and clients are musts. The individual must be an excellent multi-tasker and collaborator, with high attention to detail, strong self-organizational abilities, and a bias towards taking action.
- Minimum of 1.5 year’s experience in digital media, supporting sales and/or clients directly
- Minimum of 1.5 years working in ad operations capacity, including ad system admin experience, frontline campaign execution, and integration and/or ad system migration experience
- Strong understanding of digital marketing and advertising operations, including programmatic
- Demonstrated experience using cross-department collaboration to launch ad products and campaigns
- Excellent verbal and written skills. Must be able to effectively communicate ad product, technology, and operational concepts to a wide variety of audiences and stakeholders including sales, operations, marketing, and technology. Must be able to write product overviews, FAQs, ad tech specs, and user documentation
- Ability to work in a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment and reprioritize work as needed
- Experience working with back end and front end development teams
- Experience with troubleshooting: need to be able to sort out the issues and components of a technical problem, and come up with a plan to isolate causes and resolution
- Knowledge of principles and best practices around QA, User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Familiar with project management (especially Agile) and technical release management best practices
Required Technical background:
- Ad systems: DFP and DSM. Will consider other ad systems experience.
- Experience with data/audience management platforms, 3rd party ads and verification, Salesforce, Analytics, database languages, Web and MS office a major plus.