Job ID 2021-3531
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
Summary Description : WebMD, the source for consumers and professionals looking for health and wellness information, is seeking talented and motivated individuals due to a continued expansion of research capabilities. We’re looking for an experienced analyst to join our Consumer/Customer insights team. The ideal candidate is a WebMD enthusiast with a keen business sense and the expertise to obtain, analyze and report upon data to bridge the gap between insight and action. This analyst will combine both quantitative and qualitative skills to provide key insights, metrics, and research that will help inform WebMD sales and marketing strategy.
- Gather, synthesize, and establish key insights and benchmarks on WebMD user behavior and platform efficacy through use of internal data and external sources like comScore, MRI and MARS.
- Collaborate with the sales and marketing team to understand business questions and build a narrative around the power and impact of WebMD as a platform for advertising.
- Produce monthly/weekly reports with useful insights around WebMD as a sales platform.
- Work with colleagues on consumer insight and Customer Intelligence and Insights team to ensure best practices with data analysis and maintain consistency and reliability across reports.
- Responding to daily requests from sales, marketing and executive management as to their data needs.
- Gathers data on competitors; analyzes and compares such competitive factors.
- Collects and analyzes data on established and prospective customers and on competitors.
- Prepares data and information that interprets market conditions and target markets.
- Substantiate data for marketing and sales materials.
- Support teams using syndicated data and proprietary tools to drive media targeting and budget allocations; ensure client advertising investment is optimized to drive results.
- Partner with other insight teams (Market Research, Statistical Service and Web Analytics) to deliver comprehensive, integrated understanding and measurement solutions.
- Transform data and research into meaningful strategic insights and experience planning
- Become a subject matter expert, innovator, and strategic partner
- Communicate opportunities, learning’s, and recommendations with authority and credibility.
- Field questions and further capabilities with all syndicated planning tools and primary techniques.
- Entrepreneurial, enthusiastic, engaging, curious, with a self-directed spirit
- Strategic thinker who is also willing to roll up sleeves and understand the details
- Keenly focused on action and solutions; thriving with deep critical thinking and analysis
- Resourceful, flexible, and adaptable, strong ability to pivot when the need arises
- Bachelors degree required
- 0-2 years of experience or internship with data analysis geared towards answering sales questions, preferably in a digital media or online advertising organization.
- Strong quantitative and research skills with proven ability to demonstrate data interpretation capabilities
- Proven ability to write clearly and well, translate research into insights, and analyze and interpret data with sales needs in mind.
- Basic knowledge regarding questionnaire development for custom surveys.
- Basic knowledge of syndicated sources like comScore, MRI, Mars, SimilarWeb, etc
- Basic knowledge of eMarketer, Globaldata
- Some familiarity with the digital environment
- Some familiarity with magazine (print) research
- Strong interpersonal skills, demonstrate empathy and commitment to the client
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel