Manager, Promotional Content & Strategy
Job ID 2021-3155
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
The Manager, Promotional Content & Strategy is responsible for ensuring the successful adaptation of our clients’ content to our digital advertorial products. This position is responsible for the performance of a mid-sized team of promotional medical writers, including the performance of freelancers within our network. Regular partnerships include: Account Managers, our clients, project managers, resource managers, and other internal managers: of editors, web designers, web developers, etc. Experience with pharmaceutical advertising and personnel management is a must. Experience operating in a high-volume, process-oriented workflow highly preferred.
- Ensure the performance and growth of a mid-sized team of promotional medical writers, and the performance of our freelancers.
- Establish and maintain operational infrastructure and processes for the Content team.
- Support the maintenance of our existing products—from banners, emails, and landing pages, to video, live conferences, and simulated diagnoses.
- Support the development of new products and custom products.
- Ensure content output and recommendations adhere to medical legal regulatory limitations and standards, and provide MLR standards subject matter expertise to internal stakeholders.
- Formulate, strategize and execute effective promotional pharma content solutions for digital campaigns (branded and unbranded) targeted to a physician/healthcare professional (HCP) audiences when appropriate.
- Participate in client meetings (project kickoffs, status calls, etc.) to provide Medscape’s client services teams vital content support and leadership on Medscape products and best practices.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to evolve our internal process.
- Minimum: BA/BS, preferably in health-sciences discipline, with proven ability to develop clinically-sound, medical marketing copy across different therapeutic categories. Highly-preferred: Advanced degree in health-sciences (MS, MA, MPH) and experience with medical marketing topics.
- 5+ years of relevant professional content development experience (writing or editing) in a high-volume, process-oriented pharmaceutical advertising agency, or other healthcare communications role with a focus on online promotional content development and strategy.
- Extensive knowledge of medical legal regulatory limitations and standards.
- 2+ years managing a team, fulltime and freelance preferred.
- Previous experience with direct client-facing content responsibilities.
- Experience with project management and/or collaboration platforms (i.e. Workfront, Trello)
- Minimum: Proven competency with standard business applications related to content development (i.e. MS Office Suite, Google Workspace, Adobe). Preferred: Working knowledge of basic HTML.
- Strong communication, collaboration and project/time management skills
- Highly-preferred: Experience with medical, legal, regulatory (MLR) review processes, such as Veeva Vault, and content standards, including fair balance principles
Writing samples/portfolio (either accessible via online site or hard copy) will be expected.