Job ID 2020-2480
Jobson Healthcare Information (JHI) is a premier healthcare information and marketing services provider, with leading positions in a variety of growing healthcare markets such as pharmacy, eye care, clinician (physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants) and the managed markets (managed care, hospitals and government). Through its diversified, multi-media portfolio of marketing services, information databases, publications, medical education programs, events, websites and other digital and traditional media services, JHI is uniquely positioned to inform and educate a highly targeted network of approximately one million healthcare professionals across multiple specialties.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Review of Optometry educates practicing optometrists about the clinical procedures of eye care and the strategic decisions that will help them succeed in a competitive and ever-evolving profession. Editorial content is a mix of brief news reports and long-form “how-to” articles on the techniques of medical practice. Review provides its readers with a high-quality monthly magazine and a website that includes the full print content plus breaking news updates as events happen.
The Senior Editor is responsible for writing compelling copy, editing manuscripts on a wide array of medical and business topics, and consistently finding creative new ways to connect with readers, in print and online.
- Write and edit features, columns and news articles for a monthly publication that serves the educational needs of practicing optometrists
- Recruit authors, provide them with detailed feedback on how to improve manuscripts and collaborate on revisions to prepare articles for publication
- Edit manuscripts for accuracy, clarity, value to readers and elimination of bias
- Generate layouts for print publication in collaboration with Art Director
- Proofread page layouts
- Oversee accuracy and messaging of article assignments through all stages of content development to assure editorial quality
- Contribute to uploading of content for web using in-house CMS and offer suggestions for improvement of web experience
- Develop professional relationships with experts in field
- Contribute to the editorial planning process by generating story ideas that serve the audience and reinforce the publication’s identity
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience as a medical editor/writer
- Basic competence in Adobe Creative Suite software (InDesign, Photoshop)
- Experience/expertise in digital publishing software and services (content management systems, web page design, HTML mark-up, social media)
- Experience in medical education, medical publishing, pharmaceutical or healthcare industry strongly preferred
- Ability to multitask in fast-paced environment to meet tight deadlines
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Experience in optometry or ophthalmology a big plus
- Published writing samples required. Please submit 1-2 pieces of published writing samples plus a cover letter
Travel to industry conferences as required