Lead Product Manager
Job ID 2019-1135
"Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status."
Medscape from WebMD is seeking an energetic and experienced Lead Product Manager to join our Product team! This position will work closely with stakeholders across our Editorial and Promotional teams to support the management and development of new revenue-driving products that cross both areas, taking a high-visibility role within a field of rapid growth at Medscape.
The Lead Product Manager’s responsibilities include ownership of multiple innovative product lines within the Medscape brand; creative product ideation with internal stakeholders, users, and clients; market and competitive analysis; requirements gathering and documentation; Agile scrum team collaboration; and post launch product evaluation and maintenance. Stakeholders can include Editorial, Sales, Design, Development/Engineering, Data Services, and Marketing teams.
The successful candidate will:
- Meet with business stakeholders to develop a product vision;
- Write product documentation such as user stories, use cases, and functional specifications
- Work with Project Management to create and manage product roadmaps and feature backlogs
- Interact with and convey requirements to implementation teams, and ensure products meet specifications;
- Keep all stakeholders regularly informed of product and development status;
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of relevant experience.
- 5+ years of work experience in a Product Management function
- 1+ year as an agile scrum product owner.
- Show expertise in cross-platform (desktop and app) UX/UI
- Experience in gathering and documenting product requirements for development teams including business rationale, user needs and functional specifications
- Possess excellent organizational skills, and be a very strong and confident communicator, able to translate easily between business, editorial, sales, and engineering teams;
- Demonstrate strong problem solving, analytic, and decision-making skills, and the ability to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and formulate effective action plans to resolve issues
- Prioritize their time effectively and manage multiple products simultaneously;
- Be a passionate advocate for their products
- Experience with the online publishing industry
- Experience with the pharmaceutical marketing industry, including agency work
- Experience working with clinical information or experience within the healthcare industry