Director, Strategic Accounts
Job ID 2018-1061
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
WebMD Global, the fastest growing division of WebMD, seeks an experienced, driven sales professional as Director of Strategic Accounts (DSA). The Director will be responsible for the marketing and selling of Medscape’s unique digital promotional solutions to global and regional teams within the Life Sciences industry. The Director will have principal responsibility for acquiring, managing and expanding new client accounts throughout the territory and in related client subsidiaries worldwide. The DSA will also manage maintain and grow existing accounts. The successful candidate will be a natural and supportive client partner, develop and maintain excellent relationships, but also will have the drive of a real hunter in securing new relationships and business with clients. The role is backed by some of the industry’s most impressive support services in sales, client services, marketing and operations.
Frequent travel will be required to client meetings and medical conferences, mainly in Europe but also to the USA and elsewhere. A highly competitive compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
Director of Strategic Accounts – WebMD Global
- Significant experience and demonstrable results from selling to and working with the big regional and global pharmaceutical companies (medical device, or biotech industries experience may also be considered)
- Track record of successful sales to senior brand managers in pharmaceutical companies and to tier one advertising agencies
- Fluency with the world of digital, media, advertising and educational activity within big pharma
- Excellent experience of presenting to and successfully interacting with senior management of prospect organizations.
- An ability to sell at a consultative level, developing deep and sustained client relationships based upon value.
- A passion for digital and innovation
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with a wide variety of professional staff from varied disciplines and backgrounds.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be able to work well in a high pressure sales environment.
- Demonstrates drive, being a self-starting independent worker.
- Technical proficiency with PowerPoint, Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Bachelor’s Degree desirable.
- Fluency in multiple languages a plus.