Content Marketing Editor
Job ID 2021-3311
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
Do you understand what makes people want to click? Can you predict the stories that everyone will be talking about tomorrow? The right candidate for this job will understand what will pull readers to WebMD and Medscape sites.You are sharp, focused, detail-oriented and savvy. You have strong communication and collaboration skills. We seek a motivated, adaptable, team-oriented editor to focus on content marketing material as part of our editorial team. As an editor, content marketing, you will be in charge of ensuring that content used to pull users to our sites is engaging and must-read.
What You'll do
- Lead content marketing content creation and editing.
- Support content planning process through ideation, brainstorming, and pitching of new content.
- Provide content and audience insights that support content marketing strategies and readership needs.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with editors, writers, marketers and strategists across the organization to support audience growth and engagement.
- Provide guidance across our and other departments on best practices for content marketing creation.
- Derive learnings from content performance to improve future rounds.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, marketing, or similar - or equivalent years of experience in a related field..
- 5+ years experience in ideation and creating content for websites, social, and other digital media.
- 3+ years experience in analyzing metrics and data to drive and engage users.
- Ability to edit content into compelling, must-click form, plus familiarity with optimization practices
- Thorough understanding of how SEO works
- Ability to manage multiple projects with conflicting priorities in a deadline driven environment.
- Microsoft Office Suite, Google Office
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate as a cross-functional team member.
- Ability to lead projects and present to peers as well as department heads.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work with both staff and freelance content creators
- Ability to adapt voice to compel audience actions
- Knowledge of and passion for health, wellness, lifestyle and medical topics.
- Comfortable directing writers
- Possess a positive attitude under pressure and excellent interpersonal team skills.
- Project/task management system experience (e.g. WorkFront, Jira).
- Masters degree in Communications, Marketing or similar, MBA preferred
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops content targeting a clinician and researcher audience. WebMD develops content geared to a general consumer audience.