Job ID 2021-3431
Krames, a WebMD Company, helps you support those you care for from discovery to recovery. As prospective patients start their health care search, we're there with customized marketing and ongoing personalized health education. Our content's depth and thoughtfulness drive deeper patient engagement for health improvement. And intelligent solutions like Krames On FHIR® integrated seamlessly into the EHR deliver the right resources at the right time, freeing up clinicians to focus on what they do best—care for patients.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Krames is the nation’s leading provider of patient education and consumer health information. Integrating personal, print, interactive and mobile communications, Krames is proud to offer solutions that touch millions of health care consumers and employees every year, delivering measurable results for our clients.
We are currently seeking a proposal manager to work closely with sales, account management and commercial leadership to develop winning content which will effectively communicate the expertise, experience, and benefits Krames has to offer in response to prospective and current client Requests for Proposals (RFPs).
As part of a collaborative team, you will:
- Responsible for leading, planning, scheduling, and overseeing the timely development and delivery of high-quality responses to business opportunities, from pre-RFP to post-submission activities.
- Analyze RFPs by checking scope of work, outlines, attachments, and schedules. Meticulously proofread content, making content suggestions, rewriting, and correcting content as needed, and ensuring proposals strictly adhere to all RFP requirements.
- Assist sales team with assessment of the customer’s overall needs, culture, management/union concerns, and policies to develop a strategic plan and program budget.
- Identify questions for the consultant/prospect/client, et al as applicable to the creation of a proposal.
- Research, write, rewrite, and edit materials for document development within proposals, supplying tailored boilerplate/templates or writing new answers to questions as needed.
- Use the appropriate level of editing; clarify text and graphics for thought, continuity, applicability, and readability as well as adherence to the business unit’s standards and styles; check and correct grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, spelling, inconsistencies, and formats.
- Continually analyze ways to improve the proposal process including customization, content capture, evaluation, and delivery of information. Manage database of templates used for quotes, proposals, contracting and assure updated and accurate information.
- Collect and evaluate response outcomes to identify trends in success or failure, applying those trends to future responses to increase potential for development of new work and/or retention of existing work.
- Maintain and update vendor registrations in coordination with legal and/or security departments.
- Ability to complete RFP with minimal supervision, work within self-imposed deadlines through the assessment of requirements, utilization and coordination of resources, and task prioritization.
- Coordinating and supporting the production, reproduction, binding, and packaging in finalizing the proposal submission and response processes.
- Responsible for special projects and other duties, as assigned
Desired qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in all facets of proposal development lifecycle including experience writing persuasive proposal copy and outstanding editing skills.
- 5+ years’ experience in an RFP/Sales Operation’s role managing RFP across a variety of markets, products, and cross-functional teams. Marketing, grant writing and/or paralegal experience is a plus.
- Strong oral and superior written communication skills, to include business and technical writing with the ability to distill complex product and solution details and/or legal requirements into coherent narrative.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and working knowledge of desktop graphics and graphic arts.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, organize and accurately prioritize work, be detail-oriented, understand when urgency is required and use good judgment in varied situations
- Familiarity with proposal response software, such as Loopio is a plus.
We offer a collegial work environment in a stimulating industry and a competitive compensation and benefits portfolio to our employees. Apply today for an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team!