Associate Event Manager
Job ID 2020-1864
MedscapeLIVE! develops and produces compelling live, face to face educational programs designed to produce behavioral outcomes in a multitude of therapeutic areas and tailored formats across the globe.*
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
If you are looking for a career that provides you to opportunity to combine your natural organizational skills, ability to think on your feet to solve problems, and love of processes with your communication and leadership skills, this position will provide that for initiatives that truly make an impact on physicians, nurses, and other healthcare providers and, thus, the lives of those around you.
What You’ll Do:
- Plan and execute event logistics for live events that include but are not limited to venue sourcing, contract negotiations, F&B, onsite support staff, lead retrievals, furniture, badges, AV, room set-ups, printing, etc.
- Ensure planned expenses are tracked and updated in Workfront for proper forecasting and reconciliation
- Process expenses and update project management system with payment details
- Complete live event reconciliations and track cost savings
- Provide back-up support to Event Coordinator with preparing internal/external reports, shipping of event materials, completing credit card reconciliations
- Participate in available training opportunities as directed by a senior team member
Who You Are:
- A team player with proven ability to work in a highly deadline-driven, fast-paced environment
- Someone who enjoys event planning and has an eye for details
- A highly organized individual with the ability to work on multiple tasks at the same time while always checking for accuracy and correctness
- Creative problem-solver able to pivot quickly between tasks and adapt to rapidly shifting priorities
- Someone who obtains satisfaction in completing work on time with minimal errors
- Result-oriented person who jumps in and tackles new assignments and constantly looks for ways to innovate
- Someone who is able to positively receive feedback to improve performance
- High professionalism and easy rapport in building collaborative work relationship
- Enjoys leveraging technology to make the job easier
- Have the ability to work weekends and to travel for project assignments when needed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent number of years of experience; CMP certification a plus
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in meeting/event planning, preferably in the healthcare industry
- Expert knowledge of MS Excel (V lookups & Pivot Tables) and all other Microsoft office software
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong communication skills and the ability to interact with internal teams and external vendors
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with dynamic teams
- Requires flexible, proactive and results oriented individual
- Knowledge of Workfront is a plus
- Domestic and international travel required, up to 30%, including weekends
*Frontline Medical Communications, Inc., a division of Medscape, is one of the healthcare industry's largest medical communications companies and a leader in digital, print, and live events. The Company leads in HCP-level targeting and is ranked 1st in combined web and print engagements. With MDedge™, our state-of-the-art integrated web portal, and audited email database, FMC meets the marketing challenges of our clients with superior reach, optimal sponsorship opportunities, and flexible advertising programs. FMC delivers award-winning, indexed, clinical reviews; practice and policy information; and medical news daily from on-site reporting at major medical meetings, many in collaboration with notable societies, medical associations, and opinion leaders. FMC produces live events, digital click-for-credit, and CME in affiliation with Global Academy for Medical Education, LLC and Hemedicus.