Manager, Marketing Sciences (marketing, campaign analytics)
Job ID 2021-3151
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
WebMD is looking to hire a Manager within the Marketing Sciences team who will be responsible for collecting and analyzing insights from various internal and external sources to support WebMD’s Consumer Services division. The manager will partner with measurement, delivery and sales team to identify and implement marketing optimizations to maximize effectiveness of DTC campaigns sponsored by Pharma and CPG clients. Additional responsibilities include tracking performance of live campaigns, monitoring health of products powered by Machine Learning models, performing deep dive analyses against internal and external KPIs (such as Click Through Rate, Impressions per Visitor, Cost per Qualified Visitor), generating sound data-driven recommendations and presenting results to various stakeholders including media agencies and sponsoring clients.
Prior analytical experience, knowledge of medical claims data and strong client-presentation skills are essential for developing data-driven recommendations and for collaborating with sales team to defend and effectively articulate value of WebMD campaigns.
- Responsible for providing sound analytical support and for providing data-driven oversight to all strategic campaigns.
- Develop sound measurement and optimization strategies to improve campaign performance and secure renewals.
- Leverage historic performance-metrics to refine presale models, support deal configurations and identify upsell opportunities
- Develop sound understanding of WebMD’s proprietary Machine Learning based products and perform in-depth analysis on an ongoing basis to maximize performance and to meet/exceed client expectations
- Serve as a point of contact for key analytical partners such as comScore and IQVIA for billing, tracking and reconciliation of various measurement initiatives.
- Develop strong working-relationships and routinely collaborate with sales, business intelligence, marketing solutions, program marketing, account management, advertising operations, finance, statistical services, and market research team
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Marketing or related field or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of relevant marketing analytics experience with 1+ years in online publishing and advertising
- Knowledge of different measurement methodologies, attribution modeling and basic understanding of Medical Claims Data is preferred
- Proven ability to understand and build complex response models and to effectively communicate the findings with internal and external clients
- Experience using online analytical tools such as Tableau, Adobe Analytics etc.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft suite including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong problem-solving & analytical skills
- High energy, disciplined self-starter with and entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience with an endemic publishing platform with direct-to-consumer focus, is a plus.