Executive Director Sales, WebMD Provider Services
Job ID 2022-4473
Krames, a WebMD Company, helps you support those you care for from discovery to recovery. As prospective patients start their health care search, we're there with customized marketing and ongoing personalized health education. Our content's depth and thoughtfulness drive deeper patient engagement for health improvement. And intelligent solutions like Krames On FHIR® integrated seamlessly into the EHR deliver the right resources at the right time, freeing up clinicians to focus on what they do best—care for patients.s yo.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
WebMD Provider Services is seeking an Executive Director Sales, who has demonstrated superior sales growth and leadership in the healthcare IT space. In this role the successful candidate will manage a strategic sales team who are responsible for prospecting, nurturing and closing clinical patient engagement sales at the health system executive level.
WebMD is investing in this business with a data driven focus, new products/ delivery methods such as FHIR, services and a holistic approach to helping our customers drive better patient engagement, satisfaction and outcomes. The candidate will have successful experience driving a sales team to exceed bookings targets and significantly grow the client base. He or She will support the VP Sales & Customer Success in the driving the adoption of new products with both new and existing customers and will be familiar with tuning and scaling the go to market approach to accelerate sales and drive up deal sizes
- Reporting to VP Sales & Customer Success, the Executive Director leads a team of 7 sales people responsible for selling our patient engagement solutions to net new health systems, and collaborating with the Account Management team to upsell within our current customer base
- Help to organize the overall sales team around new sales initiatives, training, planning, forecasting and budgeting.
- Works as a subject matter expert with the product team to provide feedback on enhancements, new products and partnerships
- Leverages deep understanding of the market, customers and competitors to build GTM strategies that outsmart the competition and drive market share growth.
- Actively manages team pipeline development and structured territory planning processes that ensure delivery against aggressive bookings goals.
- Manages a strong sales process that promptly progresses opportunities through the sales stages to successful close.
- Accurately forecasts, proactively engaging executives and providing transparency into sales performance.
- Adopts and leverages account planning and strategy tools to build strategic relationships with prospective clients that optimize contract size and cross-sell opportunities.
- Working with the sales team, develops creative proposals that optimize total client spend and accompanying ROI for clients.
- Works across the organization in partnership with sales and account management teams from our Marketing business to drive cross opportunities and to position strategically with clients across our portfolio.
- Collaborates closely with sales and account management leaders across the organization
- Builds a performance based team with a strong culture of achievement and success
- Works operationally with partners to drive maximum growth
- Engages in the field with sales teams, prospects and clients, contributing creativity, solution selling expertise and market knowledge to our success.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required
- 7+ years of sales management experience. Proven track record selling SaaS based IT solutions to the health system market. While not required, experience in the patient engagement space is preferred.
- Confident and demonstrated track record selling at an executive/ C Suite level
- Demonstrates an agile approach to selling with the ability to quickly assimilate new value propositions and guide the sales team and clients to adopt them.
- The candidate must be a proven winner with a successful track record of growing and managing sales in a challenging and fast paced environment.
- The candidate must have strong motivational leadership skills and must be able to think strategically about new opportunities and develop and execute against a clear plan of action.
- The candidate must have strong organizational skills, and experience communicating effectively within a sales organization, particularly in the area of sales and revenue forecasting
- The candidate must be an excellent judge of sales talent and have a record of hiring and training salespeople that has resulted in successful outcomes.
- Experience selling or managing a sales team in the patient engagement space
- Demonstrated understanding of EHR integration and clinical workflow