Job ID 2020-2234
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
WebMD is seeking a Division CTO primarily to oversee the health data platform development and operations teams for the Health Vertical including WebMD. This role will own the technical direction of the systems, ensure the successful delivery of releases and oversee data operations.
Elements for success include mentoring and providing leadership to a growing development and data ops engineering staff, providing strong program management skills that result in meeting or beating timelines, meeting or exceeding standards of quality, and achieving a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Manage data platform program variables, namely scope, delegation and timeline.
- Maintain and improve the Health data platform infrastructure.
- Own and collaborate with stakeholders on platform architecture.
- Develop, mentor, train, manage and support the data development team. Document and communicate project requirements.
- Work with product and business to effectively drive projects from concept to launch.
- Facilitate product support training and user acceptance testing.
- Perform post-implementation review of the system with the users.
- Work to ensure that requirements documentation can be easily translated into test plans in order to oversee completion.
- Contribute to documentation such as functional specifications, budget estimates, and timelines.
- Ensure monitoring and observability of the systems to attain highest possible uptimes.
- Strong track record of leadership and technological innovation and success.
- Experience developing scalable, low latency, reliable big data platforms handling large volumes of internet user clickstream data.
- 10+ years of experience building and managing high performance software or data operations teams, including experience managing multiple concurrent programs or projects.
- Experience using and building SOAs.
- Prior hands-on development experience required. Please list technologies worked on.
- Strong knowledge of the software development lifecycle and process improvement methodologies. Strong knowledge of SCRUM and agile methodologies.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills required.
- Unix/Linux knowledge.
- Knowledge of Hadoop, Spark, and Streaming data platforms a strong plus.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.