Sr. Sales Specialist - Nutanix Database Solutions (NDB) - Italy
Job Description and Market Opportunity
Given the proliferation of Databases with the explosive growth in data, Cloud and digitization, the market opportunity for DBaaS is huge. Gartner is forecasting the database market to reach $125B in 2025. About 70% of this is related to DBaaS – the market we are addressing through our Nutanix Database Service offerings (NDB).
Consequently, for the first time in its 12 year history, Nutanix is building a Specialist Sales organisation to compliment the core sales team, focused on NDB. Nutanix has a market leading offering, one of the only true multi-hybrid Cloud DBaaS solutions in the market and we have already signed numerous multi-million $ Enterprise NDB deals across the world.
As an NDB Sales Specialist at Nutanix, you will be a Solution Sales leader within the Nutanix Database Service business unit working in our enterprise sales organization to drive business with our most important customers. You will be supported by our existing NDB Systems Engineers (pre-sales technical team) as well as an extended team of field, channel and consulting resources to help demonstrate and prove our solutions and to achieve/exceed quarterly Nutanix NDB sales and usage/consumption targets in your assigned region. Being part of this team will allow you to maintain and develop your deep DB sales expertise across Nutanix and non-Nutanix technologies.
- To segment the market and ensure appropriate coverage to achieve Nutanix DBaaS market leadership
- To drive pipegen through Marketing, Channel and Field activation tactics in your assigned region
- To be the sales leader in shaping customer decisions to buy and adopt Nutanix NDB, serving as a Solutions Sales Specialist and trusted advisor for end customers, field and Channel Sales teams.
- Design and plan for implementation for Nutanix NDB solutions by leveraging Product experts, Solution Architects and Nutanix Services.
- Lead TCO and ROI conversations with customers and field teams as opportunities progress from through the sales cycle
- Own the sales revenue targets for Nutanix NDB in your assigned region and work alongside field sales teams to grow the Nutanix NDB business.
- Influence Nutanix NDB strategies by providing feedback to sales, marketing, and engineering on current and future product requirements and sales blockers encountered
- You will be a thought leader in the DBA and Database space. You lead by participating in internal Nutanix communities and in broader industry events.
- 10+ years of experience in Database Solutions and/or relevant Software sales
- Experience of thriving in a fast-paced, ever-adapting environment, working with cross-functional teams and leveraging company resources to drive sales using a combination of top-down and bottom-up tactics.
- Experience growing franchises from early adopter customers to a sustainable high performing franchise
- Experience with AWS, Azure and/or Google native database solutions, or with Oracle, SAP, MongoDB, Postgres, SQL and/or other virtualized database solutions.
- Sales experience with Database/DBaaS solutions
- Job may require up to 40-50% of travel
- Native/Fluent Italian and Business Fluent English are required for this role.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation, or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If you need reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected].
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.