We are looking for a Resident Consultant to work with one of our Top Customers in Germany in the Public Sector.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assess current usage of Nutanix products (core and portfolio) and drive adoption.
- Ensure good customer experience by effective administration and support of customer's existing Nutanix environment, covering -
- Installation and configuration of Nutanix core products
- Upgrades and patching
- Migration from 3-tier to Nutanix
- Cross hypervisor migrations e.g. ESXi to AHV
- Proactively monitoring alerts and remediation
- Troubleshooting, performance, and availability issues
- Capacity planning & reporting
- VM lifecycle management (creation, deletion, cloning, snapshot, etc.)
- Collaborate with Nutanix support for advanced troubleshooting
- Participate in planning and execution of DR drills
- Act as a trusted advisor to customer while providing guidance on Nutanix best practices, reference architecture, and validated designs.
- Leverage Nutanix products and features to automate administrative tasks
- Collaborates with the Nutanix Sales Team in identifying and communicating new opportunities as well as ongoing customer status and reporting.
- Keep the customer well-informed by providing status reporting on projects, updates to software, and any ancillary documentation.
- Conduct PoCs for Nutanix portfolio products
- Training and enablement of customer resources.
- Sound experience of 8 -10 years in system administration and virtualization technologies.
- Fluent German speaking skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Nutanix AOS/AHV OR Hyper-V / VMware ESXi or other converged or hyperconverged platforms.
- Able to independently analyze and diagnose highly complex problems across different platforms.
- A customer-centric approach, excellent communication skills
- High level of comfort performing whiteboarding sessions, group presentations, and other customer-centric documentation.
- VMware certification such as VCP or VCAP.
- Nutanix NCP certified
- Migration of workload, both P2V, and V2V.
- Project management
- ITIL practice, or certified (preferred) (Incident management, Problem Management)
- Understanding of storage technologies and data protection technologies like replication, snapshots, backup, restore, etc.
- Python/PowerShell scripting to automate tasks (Desirable)
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession with our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We are humbled to be recognized as one of Bloomberg’s Top 50 Companies to Watch in 2020 and one of the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2020.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid, and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation, or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If you need reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.