DevOps Software Engineer
DevOps Software Engineer
We are looking for a tech-savvy individual with strong cloud and DevOps infrastructure skills who also aspires to become an application developer. The primary focus for the role is in architecting and maintaining the latest and greatest tools used by Nutanix’s SRE workforce. The secondary focus is to build the skills to contribute in the development of such tools.
At Nutanix, we always seek to make the impossible possible! We are not just looking for a tech-strong engineer but also creative ones and great team players. We aim to solve the problems of the future. Last but not least, you will be owning several mission-critical applications. Reach out to us if this looks like you.
- Handle automation projects, tasks, and communications concurrently.
- Develop new or debug existing production applications.
- Develop and execute on agile planning and scrums.
- Learn new tools, technologies, and/or programming languages. Assess the feasibility of such tools, technologies, and programming languages in new software projects.
Must-Have Technical Skills:
- Debugging and troubleshooting skills related to virtualization, AWS, Linux, storage and network management
- Strong practical Linux systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment.
- Strong scripting experience (Bash, Python)
- Strong understanding of network fundamentals TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, VPN, load balancing and firewalling.
- AWS experience is needed, other cloud platforms nice to have.
Aspirational Technical Skills (i.e. a candidate must aspire towards the below):
- Experience working with NoSQL (MongoDB) databases, and distributed computing technologies
- Experience with revision control source code repositories (Git).
- Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds.
- Basic understanding of front-end technologies, such as HTML5 and AJAX.
- Docker containerization experience.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or Software Engineering. Masters of Science preferred.
- 2 or more years of experience with Unix/Linux operating systems
- 2 or more years of managing production environments on AWS
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.