Director, People Business Partners
Nutanix is looking for a high-energy leader for the People Business Partner team to support our thriving global Engineering and Development teams. You will contribute both strategically and hands-on to cultivate an amazing and creative culture as we scale our business. The People Partner team provides full-cycle people leadership and works closely with all levels. This position is a critical, highly visible role working with senior leaders in a culture of transformation, strategically partnering with leaders to drive the business initiatives. In addition, acting as a trusted counsel and advisor to the business, as a leader with HR expertise and perspective, and being an integral part of the business and People teams.
Are you ready to join us on our exciting journey of being a fast-growth company, but one that is maturing and needs your support in creating the right solutions that are not too cumbersome yet deliver high value? The ideal candidate will contribute at both hands-on and strategic levels to cultivate an amazing and innovative culture as we scale our business, and who will help us continue to grow and mature the people function across the globe.
You will be based in San Jose, CA, and will report to the VP, People Business Partners.
- Develop, build and grow a high performing team that is enabled to partner with the business to identify, develop and drive key initiatives such as leadership development, talent/performance management, change management, workforce and succession planning, talent acquisition, employee and career development, performance management, rewards and recognition, and coaching (employee and manager). Client groups will be spread across multiple regions and countries.
- Build and cultivate strong relationships with business leaders and key stakeholders; partner with colleagues inside and outside of the People Team to innovate, enhance, align and drive the effectiveness of strategic initiatives.
- Conduct organizational assessments and develop/drive initiatives to close gaps and implement necessary solutions to ensure a high-performing workforce; provide candid and valuable feedback to leaders about talent moves, gaps, promotions, and growth opportunities.
- Executive team assessment, development, and coaching.
- Work with line managers and employees to address all types of people relations issues, fairly representing all interests.
- Recommend and drive improvement to human resources systems, policies, and processes.
- Scans and benchmarks the marketplace to identify and promote methodologies/trends to influence the business and HR agenda
- Partner closely with all COEs to drive results
- Strong business and HR acumen, including the ability to diagnose and analyze problems and drive appropriate solutions.
- Experience supporting Engineering is strongly preferred.
- Proven successful track record and knowledge in organizational and employee development, performance management, people relations, and change management.
- Data-oriented decision-maker.
- Decisive leadership and the courage to propose solutions others are reluctant to address, act in the face of resistance for the best interests of the business.
- Extensive capacity to influence business leaders; organizational agility and savvy.
- Enthusiastic teammate with a demonstrated commitment to creating a positive work environment.
- Proven customer service focused.
- Passion for innovative employee experience solutions and process improvement.
- Strong communication and interpersonal relationship management skills with all levels of employees.
- Possesses a bias for action and a sense of urgency, while able to prioritize and juggle several tasks.
- Experience and comfort in working in a fast-paced, ever-changing business environment.
- Previous experience in a high-tech global growth company with a strong preference for experience with small AND large/established companies.
- Aptitude and proven ability to resolve conflicts creatively and collaboratively.
- Working proficiency in HRIS systems, Workday is a plus.
- Current and solid knowledge of State and Federal employment laws.
- Knowledge of SOX compliance requirements as it relates to Human Resources functions.
- Experience working within a highly matrixed environment
- Ability to work across different cultures and to travel domestically and internationally.
- Minimum of 12+ years as a People Business partner or equivalent, and at least 3 years experience building, leading and developing a high performing People Business Partner team (global experience preferred)
- A BA/BS degree in Human Resources, Business, or any similar combination of education and experience in a fast-growing, international environment
- Proven ability to understand strategic organizational issues and influence setting a talent strategy
- Demonstrated agility in a constantly changing environment and ability to cultivate strong relationships globally
- Strong analytical and organization skills
- Capable and confident communicator with a very strong personal presence
- Exceptional consulting, coaching, and facilitation skills
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.