Job ID 2022-4038
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
The Java Backend Development Intern will have the opportunity to make contributions within the technology team while simultaneously learning from experts currently working within the field. They will participate in experiences to gain professional skills and work as a member of the agile team with responsibility for certain deliverables.
- Development of the shared Java libraries using Object Oriented Programing concepts
- Assist with special projects and technology initiatives.
- Unit test functions using JUnit testing framework
- Document business logic inside the Java classes and maintain confluence page if required
- Demonstrate the progress on weekly basis
- Minimum 3.2 GPA
- Computer Science major
- Passionate to learn Web application development frameworks and their application in the health portal
- Good knowledge of object-oriented programming in Java/J2EE
- Understanding of the HTTPS communication protocol
- Understanding of the distributed architecture
- Good knowledge of the code hosting platform like GitHub for version control and collaboration
- Basic understanding of HTML5 and CSS3
- Knowledge/ Experience working with REST API