Job ID 2021-3633
WebMD's Health Services business enables employers and health plans to provide their employees and plan members with access to personalized health and benefit information, decision support technology that helps them make informed benefit, provider and treatment choices and provides telephonic health coaching services.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
Education: Medical degree: MD with 2-3 + years of relevant work experience
Experience: 3+ years
- Experience with pharmaceutical/medical writing experience, or an equivalent combination of related education and experience. Experience writing for the digital environment preferred.
- Must have experience in writing patient summaries on disease or procedures
- Ability to analyse complex data and interpret it for mobile/web application while maintaining a clinical tone
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both oral and written
- Independent and innovative self-starter
- Strong organizational skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to quickly distil complex information into essential elements relevant to clinicians at the point of care
- Excellent medical literature retrieval and evaluation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced setting
- Proficient knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Basic understanding of various handheld technologies
Role & Responsibilities:
- To write clinical summaries/news for patients and physician audience, bringing them the latest updates from various sources like clinical research publications/professional medical practice/regulatory authority/medical conferences
- Should be familiar with use of databases like Pubmed, Ovid, Medical conference sites
- Responsible for all content-related aspects of each assigned project from initiation to launch, including conception, writing, revising, annotating per source references, and performing QA checks.
- Copy must be accurate, clean, well-organized, and adhere to WebMD technical specifications.
- Must have knowledge of Medical information
- Project and Workload Management: Must be able to handle multiple projects concurrently, maintain highest quality, and meet copy deadlines.
- Must be able to interact effectively with internal teams (i.e., editorial, and production) to ensure quality and smooth progression of projects.
- Curating content in proprietary format