Digital Email Developer
Job ID 2018-1040
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
The Digital Email Marketing Developer is responsible for the successful production, management, and deployment of outbound email campaigns and projects, as well as providing guidance and email best practices to stakeholders across the company.
* Manage email calendar on a daily basis
* Traffic email campaign requests and campaign assets to meet deadlines and notify appropriate parties as necessary
* Brainstorming and application of logistical email knowledge to marketing campaigns.
* Managing list segmentation, list QA, list cleansing
* Deploy, track and report on email campaigns and related follow up campaigns
* Hand code HTML from PSD’s into emails, creation of templates, and dynamic campaigns
* Analyze campaigns and recommend best practices, AB testing, new trends in email, etc.
* Manage the end to end email QA process
* Work closely with internal departments and external vendor in the creation and implementation of email campaigns and projects
* Bachelors degree or equivalent years of email production experience
* Strong email HTML coding experience -- minimum 3-5 years’ experience
* Knowledge of aspects of email marketing including delivery, analysis, legislation, authentication/reputation systems, and general industry trends and metrics
* Extensive understanding of email best practices, CAN-SPAM laws
* Experience with A/B testing, analysis and reporting
* Experience with dynamically scripted email
* Ability to hand code email HTML from PSD’s
* Microsoft Excel experience preferred
* Very strong knowledge and experience using third party email applications (ExactTarget, Epsilon, CheetahMail, Acxiom Digital, etc.)
* Excellent time-management skills, organization and project management skills
* Strong communication skills
* Strong copy-editing skills
* Ability to quickly identify and address operational and process issues
* SQL knowledge preferred
* Experience with responsive design for email
* Knowledge of LiveIntent a plus
* Knowledge of Exact Target and Salesforce Marketing Cloud a preferred
* Knowledge of web development tools a plus