Sr Product Marketing Manager
Job ID 2021-3296
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
WebMD Global/Medscape are looking for a talented and motivated product marketing professional to join our Global Product team at the Medscape Professional Promo business.
The Sr Product Marketing Manager is a fully dedicated role shaping the future of Medscape’s commercial products. You will provide highly skilled, proactive project management to ensure efficient and effective execution of new or updated product rollouts, with the goal of maximizing product revenues and ensuring successful product implementations. This position is responsible for facilitating product kick-off and status meetings, creating and tracking product documentation, managing products throughout lifecycle, and coordinating resources from various internal departments. The successful applicant needs to possess a strong ability to lead and communicate specific tasks and timing to a broad group of team members associated with the development and subsequent delivery of products. You will report to the Director, Global Product to drive business insights, impacts and results. This is inclusive of setting strategy with data-driven insights, monitoring progress, adjusting plans and reporting progress.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Analyze product business to determine trends, sales, and training needs to drive product recommendations, inclusive of feature enhancement and product development.
- Identify patterns and distill market intelligence and share with stakeholders to inform business decisions periodically that shape our commercial product offering
- Project manage product innovations, new products and product enhancements across platforms including liaison between Technical Product, Editorial, Member Marketing, Marketing Solutions, NY and London implementation teams, Business Intelligence, Program Marketing and Ad implementation teams
- Provide extensive data and analysis across the Product Marketing team to support all product management (ranging from trends on ad products to thought starters in other areas as well)
- Oversee Business Intelligence teams to ensure product reporting architecture is developed and maintained accurately
- Manage operational projects across products
- Develop additional strategies for implementation efficiencies and providing internal guidance across various operational teams on how to execute and scale best practices as needed
- Work with Product and Sales teams to understand trends, global regulatory requirements and create go-to-market strategies and training to position commercial product solutions
- Communicate the value proposition of new products to all go-to-market teams and ensure that effective sales support materials and packages are created
Candidate should have a minimum of 4 years of experience working in the digital media space, ideally with a premium publisher or ad tech company. Experience in defining and operationalizing requirements for large-scale, complex products or systems and working on product within web and mobile advertising contributing at strategic and tactical levels is essential. The individual should possess excellent problem solving and relationship management skills and a track record of influencing behavior at variety of levels in the organization and leading cross-functional teams. Individual must be highly analytical with strong communication and presentation skills, ideally describing yourself as an “Excel Ninja”. Knowledge and experience in Pharmaceutical/Healthcare verticals are a plus.
Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office applications. Experience with Tableau and Ad Servers is also a plus.
Role can be based in NYC metro area or London, UK