Senior Program Marketing Specialist
Job ID 2021-3500
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
The Senior Marketing Specialist is an integral member of the Medscape program marketing team. In this role, you will create and manage the direct marketing plans to achieve contractual traffic goals for direct-to-consumer/patient promotional programs, such as funded microsites/destinations. The role encompasses the tracking, analysis, reporting and optimization of complex marketing campaigns. For the successful candidate, this position offers great opportunity and exposure to marketing analysis and related communications while working in an exciting and fast-paced environment.
- Create, execute, and optimize direct-to-consumer marketing plans to ensure traffic goals are met for promotional online programs
- Review and approve all marketing materials in development, including copy, creative, and layout
- Ensure best practices are followed
- Closely track performance of tactics and progress of programs on a daily basis, adjusting marketing tactics as necessary to meet client objectives and contracted deliverables.
- Analyze traffic of all programs and provide strategic analysis of campaigns/creative units
- Optimize list targeting and segmentation to improve response rates and overall yield
- Interface directly with sales and internal teams on specific program performance
- Cross-functionally manage all internal teams, including business intelligence, project management, and production teams, around tracking and reporting of marketing tactics and overall campaign
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications or a related field, or equivalent marketing experience
- 2+ years combined experience in any of the following: sales operations, digital marketing related field, i.e. Digital agency, digital analytics,
- Experience in digital marketing, including email, media, and reporting
- Advanced MS Excel and Access skills
- Experience working directly with a sales team, i.e., sales deployment, sales analytics, sales
- BS/BA required or will take experience in place of education
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Responsible, accountable and result-driven
- Ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of databases/database marketing a plus
- Pharmaceutical marketing experience a plus