Associate Director, Medical Education
Job ID 2021-3006
Jobson Healthcare Information (JHI) is a premier healthcare information and marketing services provider, with leading positions in a variety of growing healthcare markets such as pharmacy, eye care, clinician (physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants) and the managed markets (managed care, hospitals and government). Through its diversified, multi-media portfolio of marketing services, information databases, publications, medical education programs, events, websites and other digital and traditional media services, JHI is uniquely positioned to inform and educate a highly targeted network of approximately one million healthcare professionals across multiple specialties.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
The Postgraduate Institute for Medicine (PIM) has been providing trusted independent continuing education for healthcare professionals since 1979 and is a recognized leader for jointly provided continuing education activities. PIM is nationally accredited to certify education and issue continuing education credit to an interdisciplinary audience of learners, including physicians, physician assistants, registered nurses, nurse practitioners, pharmacists, psychologists, dentists, social workers, and clinical laboratory professionals. We specialize in joint providership, outcomes measurement, and grant solicitation/funding support. PIM also offers an online eLearning platform, www.cmeuniversity.com.
The purpose of the PIM continuing healthcare education program is to deliver effective CME/CE activities that are designed to contribute to the professional development of physicians, as well as other members of the healthcare team, support their lifelong learning process, and positively impact the delivery of healthcare.
We fulfill this mission by forming successful alliances and working in collaboration to deliver impactful educational experiences that are designed to improve patient care practices.
The Associate Director, Medical Education is responsible for the direction and oversite of the overall educational design and clinical aspects of the planning process for continuing education activities targeted to healthcare professionals.
- Oversee the clinical content of continuing education activities for adherence and documentation regarding regulatory compliance to the defined standards of governing regulatory bodies
- Ensure the quality and scientific integrity of educational content developed for continuing education activities
- Identify professional practice gaps of healthcare providers, document the educational needs analysis, and develop learning objectives to support the identified need
- Document the link of the identified educational needs to desired results
- Provide scientific support for the program management team
- Other duties as assigned
- MD, RN, PharmD, or PhD degree required
- 5 years clinical or equivalent healthcare experience desired, preferably in multiple settings
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Competency interacting on all levels with medical professionals, staff, and clients
- Knowledge and experience in developing continuing education activities for healthcare professionals
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret journals
- Ability to write articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills
- Prefer candidate who is well versed in the complex regulatory issues and operational guidelines of commercially supported continuing education for medical professionals, including ACCME, ACPE, and ANCC accreditation criteria; CHCP preferred
- Very minimal travel required