Sr Procurement Analyst
Job ID 2021-2591
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Medscape is seeking a highly qualified and experienced Sr. Procurement Analyst to join its Business Operations Team. The Sr. Analyst will be responsible for the pricing of proprietary solutions and the negotiation and execution of vendor and client contracts.
- Pricing/Contract support for WebMD Medical Affairs
- Contract management
- Create standard and complex contracts with legal department
- Act an intermediary between WebMD legal team and the client’s legal team to facilitate efficiencies and speed to solutions, elevate challenges to supervisor as appropriate
- Review and approve contracts submitted for signature
- Meticulously maintain library of approved documents
- Ensure compliance with WebMD legal, finance, and accreditation policies
- Complete Pricing requests for Proprietary Solutions with the goal of optimizing profit by facilitating profitable sales, achieving marketing and corporate growth objectives.
- Develop constructive relationships with clients, vendors and internal staff across functions to develop legally compliant cost/price solutions
- Develop and maintain solution baseline budget template
- Maintain pricing database
- Complete ad hoc analysis
- MBA, Business/Finance
- Minimum of 5 plus years of relevant experience in pricing, financial analysis and contract negotiation
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be responsible, accountable, results-driven, and comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to collaborate with Vendors and internal teams
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency (Excel / Word – Intermediate to Advanced)
- Experience using Salesforce and SharePoint Online
- Experience working remotely
- Experience working within medical affairs