Associate Director, Data Reporting Operations
Job ID 2021-3154
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
The Associate Director, Reporting Operations position reports into the VP, Business Intelligence & Data Services and is part of the WebMD Marketing Sciences team. This is a new position for WebMD and will have supervisory responsibility across multiple affiliates. The successful candidate is responsible for delivering on goals and establishing an operational framework that will generate highly custom reporting, to multiple recipients at varying cadences while ensuring timely response to critical reporting and analyses needs.
This position is accountable for the operations of the group, and as such, hires, manages and develops empowered and accountable employees. This position includes managing a team of professionals near and far shore to work with stakeholders to understand their requirements, build out an operational framework establishing best practices for the group and our clients.
This is a position that requires exceptional communication and collaboration skills together with deep data knowledge and experience in running reporting operations. The position works with internal and external clients to understand their needs and instantiate processes to support client reporting deliverables, on time, with a high accuracy. The successful candidate is expected to become an expert in the data and initiatives associated with the business and feel comfortable sitting with business executives to inform the decision-making process. As the Associate Director, Reporting Operations, the successful candidate will be working with a broad range of internal stakeholders to help form a strategic vision of reporting excellence within the organization. This includes leading and participating in requirements gathering sessions, design workshops, systems evaluations, project management sessions and general oversight meetings.
- Develop an operations framework for delivering reporting of the highest quality on time.
- Recruit, train, mentor and manage a team of business intelligence professionals.
- Provide insights to our colleagues on how to optimize their current processes and achieve continuous states of improved data quality.
- Implement stategies for improving operational efficiencies across different business areas and geographies as well as identify synergies with other operations functions.
- Review the needs of reporting teams to meet their analytics requirements, explore, and monitor businesses performance trends across the business and improvement initiatives.
- Work with business users on translating their use cases into business and technical requirements according to standards, including leading business strategy planning efforts and developing high-level strategies across departments.
- Ensure that the business is responding to critical reporting metrics and trends and provide analyses required to support internal and external clients.
- Advise management on complex projects across departments, working with colleagues across various functions to develop and continuously improve the reporting and analysis infrastructure.
- Maintain and develop a wide network of effective relationships with departmental leads to align departmental priorities across stakeholders.
- Define reporting standards and support implementation across departmental activities.
- Work collaboratively with various Technology and Data Management teams to create and maintain and build data quality rules, KPI and SLAs for client reporting.
- Demonstrable experience in working with executive level teams to strategize on business development opportunities
- Demonstrable experience in translating business strategy into technical requirements and developing to those requirements.
- 5+ years in a Reporting Operations in the Digital Marketing space or an Advanced degree in Information Systems or Computer Science with relevant experience with a strong willingness for deep learning and being hands-on.
- Ability to attract, train and manage talent.
- Strong, hands-on experience with SQL and relational databases.
- Deep understanding of data, Data Management and Data Governance and its role, impact, challenges, to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Experience understanding system processes from a workflow perspective to drive performance enhancements.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, along with ability to extract business requirements from client use cases and translating these requirements into technical specifications.
- Experience operating independently with the ability to manage up with an Inquisitive mind that is not afraid to question current ways processes.
- Extensive, hands-on experience with Business Intelligence tools like Tableau and Adobe Workbench.
- Working knowledge of Agile and other SDLC methodologies, including producing user stories, and participating in sprints and daily scrums.
Work is subject to regular supervisory review at defined milestones. Operates within the context of approved methods.