Sr Manager, Strategic Accounts
Job ID 2021-3402
Who are we and what do we do?
WebMD is the world's most recognised and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers, and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine.
The WebMD Professional Health Network includes Medscape, eMedicine, theheart.org, and Medscape Education. WebMD's professional portals are highly regarded and very well known; Medscape.com is the largest physician portal in the world.
About the role
WebMD Global, the fastest growing division of WebMD, seeks an experienced, driven sales professional as a Sales Manager. The Sales Manager will be responsible for selling the Medscape Professional Network’s unique call suite of digital promotional solutions to all levels of HCP-marketing professionals within global and regional teams in the Life Sciences industry.
The Medscape Professional Network’s promotional solutions support the promotion of both Pharma and Medical Device brands, targeting Healthcare Professionals on the Medscape Professional Network. The position requires strong relationship-building skills and knowledge of interactive media buying and selling within healthcare. The successful candidate will have principal responsibility for acquiring, managing and expanding new client accounts throughout their assigned territory and in related client subsidiaries worldwide. The successful candidate will be a natural and supportive client partner, develop and maintain excellent relationships, and will have the drive of a real hunter in securing new relationships and business with clients. The role is backed by some of the industry's most impressive support services in sales, client services, marketing, and operations.
Frequent travel is required to client meetings and medical conferences, mainly in Europe but also to the USA and elsewhere. A highly competitive compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience and demonstrable results from selling to and working with the big regional and global pharmaceutical companies (medical device, or biotech industries experience will also be considered).
- Track record of successful sales to senior brand managers in pharmaceutical companies and to tier one advertising agencies.
- Fluency with the world of digital media, advertising, and educational activity within big pharma.
- Excellent experience of presenting to and successfully interacting with senior management of prospect organizations.
- Ability to sell at a strategic level, developing deep and sustained client relationships based upon value.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with a wide variety of professional staff from varied disciplines and backgrounds.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrates drive, being a self-starting, independent worker.
- Technical proficiency with PowerPoint, Excel, and Microsoft Word.
- Fluency in multiple languages is a plus.
What you can expect in return
- Basic Salary: A highly competitive salary depending on experience
- Bonus: On target commission has potential to double annual income, and over target sales are rewarded generously with no upper limit.
- Other benefits: Pension, Private Health Insurance, Life Insurance.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.