Senior Data Analyst
Job ID 2021-3206
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
We are looking for an analytical, dynamic, and creative individual with a strong statistical background to join our marketing sciences department. The individual will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment to address business problems through data analytics and insights, with a strong emphasis on market research.
The ideal candidate will have the following skillset:
- Foundational Skills: Strong problem solving and analytical skills, ability to think creatively with data, and ability to present research findings to clients at a level appropriate for the audience. Ability to develop insights from research and data to support various purposes within the organization including sales, PR and campaign impact demonstration.
- Market Research: Strong knowledge of market research, including methodologies, statistics, and relevant software and platforms. Ideal candidate would understand and have experience in medical claims data research and healthcare industry promotion value measurement.
- Business Minded: Ability to focus on driving business objectives with analytically rigorous solutions; convert data insights into actionable next steps for clients.
- Third Party Data: Strong understanding of third party data sources and their use in pharma markets (e.g., IQVIA, Symphony Health solutions).
- Statistical Modeling: Strong knowledge of statistical data modeling, including descriptive and predictive modeling.
- Statistical Programing: Ability to write SAS and R programs to build complex processes and models
- Education: BA or Equivalent experience
- Advanced work in several projects/initiatives within a quantitative discipline (statistics, economics, mathematics, etc.)
- 4+ years of relevant experience in analytics, measurements, business intelligence, or media research
- Experience in pharmaceutical and/or healthcare industries
- Experience with analytic techniques, such as regression analysis, logistic regression, sales forecasting, promotion response/value prediction, advertising effectiveness, consumer profiling, marketing mix modeling and ROI measurement.
- Experience with statistical power analysis, estimation and hypothesis testing (e.g., control vs exposed evaluation, margin of error estimation, variance estimation)
- Experience using statistical techniques relevant to market research (e.g., sampling, clustering, stratification)
- Experience working on analytical studies from: interacting with stakeholders to understand their business questions, crafting appropriate methodologies, to mine/analyze datasets utilizing either SAS, SPSS, R or SQL and ultimately delivering actionable recommendations to stakeholders