Lifestyle Health Coach
Job ID 2022-4181
WebMD's Health Services business enables employers and health plans to provide their employees and plan members with access to personalized health and benefit information, decision support technology that helps them make informed benefit, provider and treatment choices and provides telephonic health coaching services.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
In following participant centered coaching methodologies, Lifestyle Health Coaches provide telephonic health education/coaching and appropriate stage of change specific preventive interventions based upon information supplied by participants' completed health risk appraisal and the participant themselves.
Lifestyle Health Coaches must demonstrate comprehensive knowledge and understanding of current health education practices, as well as the ability to counsel participants on a variety of health issues including, but not limited to, exercise, nutrition, weight loss, alcohol and tobacco cessation, obesity, stress management, diabetes management, blood pressure, cholesterol, and pre and postnatal care.
In this role you will:
- Provide telephonic health coaching based on participants' completed health risk appraisal and stage of change.
- Utilize participant – centered coaching methodologies and/or theories to improve healthy lifestyle behaviors, long term health outcomes and quality of life
- Give assessment of low, medium and high modifiable risk areas
- Assist participants' progress through long and short term goal setting, using a myriad of health suggestions and resources
- Participate in collective record keeping which allows for continuity to exist between multiple health coaching sessions
- Maintain specified health credentialing, including certification and ongoing continuing education
- Perform other, varied job-related duties as assigned.
Must be available to work one of the following shifts:
- Monday - Thursday, 12:30p-9p EST and Friday 11:30a-8p EST
- Tuesday - Friday, 9:30a-8p EST
- Monday – Thursday 11:30a-10p EST
As a member of WebMD Health Services, you may have access to confidential information that will require you to follow additional protocols to ensure the security of our data. As a core requirement, you must implement and act in accordance with the organization’s information security policies; protect assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference; execute security processes or activities; and report security events or potential events or other security risks to the appropriate parties within the organization.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree or 4 years direct health and wellness experience is required
- If not already certified, the Lifestyle Health Coach must achieve (and maintain) a nationally recognized certification within 6 months of employment; i.e.: CHES, ACSM, NBHWC or equivalent, and/or maintain licensure held, such as RD, RN, LPN, LMHC, LCSW or NCC.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as and strong telephonic relationship building skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment combined with excellent time management skills
- Strong technology skills and the ability to navigate multiple screens at once is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a health-related discipline
- 1-5 years of health and wellness experience
- Candidates fluent in Spanish are encouraged to apply.
As a member of WebMD Health Services, you may have access to confidential and sensitive information (including Protected Health Information) that will require you to follow additional protocols to ensure the security of our data. As a core requirement, you must implement and act in accordance with the organization’s information security policies; protect assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference; execute security processes or activities; and report security events or potential events or other security risks to the appropriate parties within the organization.