Job ID 2021-3290
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Candidate will be required to access large datasets, analyze the content and quality of the data and be
able to provide detailed, summary and statistical information on said data to the business. This job
requires interfacing with the marketing and client service ends of the business with accuracy, timeliness
and insightful analysis.
A Data Analyst working in a team-oriented environment supporting Marketing and Sales initiatives. This
position will work closely with other departments in audience and data building, validation, and analysis.
This person will be required to understand the business and its key processes.
- Analyzes complex business issues and designs data solutions
- The ability to perform list matches against database data sets, perform data analysis and reporting against the same.
- Support Marketing in the creation of marketing list from seed data lists.
- Use relational database skills, understand data design and data structures and develop the query logic necessary to translate business requirements into reports
- Gathers and documents user requirements
- Transition documented business requirements into an action
- Designs complex data models
- Strong organization, time manage skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks/projects in a dynamic environment
- Data investigation involving understanding and identifying data anomalies and working with the appropriate departments to resolve issues
- Provide data analysis and facilitate comprehension of data to the Business Intelligence user community
- Identify areas for process improvement
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 3+ years experience in data and/or statistical analysis required
- A minimum of 3 years of relational database experience in, but not limited to, SQL Server 2000, MS Access and Oracle.
- Ability to coordinate the testing and implementation of technology solutions (applications, data warehousing, business intelligence, etc.)
- Ability to navigate in Windows, Unix and Linux environments.
- Proficiency in Excel using pivot tables, v-lookup, macros, statistical functions
- Ability to create and maintain quality documentation for technical and non-technical staff
- Ability to create functional/technical specifications
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong analytical, creative and problem-solving skills
- Experience with analysis and reporting of consumer transaction, marketing experience a plus
- Business Intelligence and Data Mining Tools Experience a plus