Intern - Editorial
Job ID 2021-2902
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Intern – Editorial
Summer Internship – 6/7 – 8/20
We seek an intern for writing/editing to help us build our lifestyle and feature content. The intern will will develop ideas and content, both short-form and long-form.
- Develop ideas and content for potential medical lifestyle features and profiles;
- Write lifestyle features for same-day publication;
- Write news or lifestyle shorts for same-day posting
- Identify and write 'short takes' on items for columns relating to physician lifestyle subjects or physicians 'on the move'
- Prepare drafts of polls and other content stemming from annual Lifestyle Reports
- Assist blogger program
- Help maintain changes to the Business of Medicine section and associated sections (i.e. Nurses, Pharmacists, etc.) •
- Review video projects to meet editorial standards
- Assist with securing photos for slideshows, articles, other content presentations
- Minimum 3.2 GPA
- Enrolled in Undergrad or Graduate program and returning for the Fall 2021 semester.
- Intern, entry level, probably 0 – 2 years published writing experience
- Working toward Bachelor’s degree in in journalism or communications or a medical or science field
Preferred skills here:
- Ability to write news articles
- Ability to write short articles
- Ability to interview subjects for an article and structure an article
- Ability to write clear, accurate, and balanced news articles quickly
- Comfortable interviewing subjects for an article
- Good internet research skills
- Familiarity with social media