Job ID 2019-1814
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
This position is responsible for performing a broad range of business and financial analyses to support business efforts and to ensure the best utilization of group resources. This position is responsible for assisting the Senior Manager, Finance in the financial analyses of the overall business, along with related budgeting, forecasting and reporting analysis.
- Prepare and execute all aspects of the monthly/quarterly close for their Business segment
- Perform as directed, financial/economic project analysis
- Preparing financial performance analysis such as: variance analyses, project payback and ROI and product profitability
- Trend analysis on various aspects of the business
- Assisting with budgeting and forecasting
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Book all Journal Entries and associated accruals for their specific Business segments.
- Prepare expense reporting and associated analysis in comparison to budget and prior year for the Business Leads they support.
- Load the monthly, quarterly and yearly forecasts for their Business leads for the preparation of monthly reporting.
- Assist in the periodic reviews of the business's financial performance and special financial projects and research all associated variances.
- Provide analytical support to their Business Leads in the development and implementation of operational objectives.
- Assist in the Preparation of Quarterly Financial Reviews working with the associated Business Managers.
- Track purchase orders and requisitions for services, goods and supplies.
- Learn and advance the current processes and reporting.
- Update and maintain all staffing models for their Business Leads.
- Assist in a variety of special projects and ad hoc analyses.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- B.A./B.S degree in business or finance or comparable experience
- 2+ years of financial experience in a public accounting or commercial environment
- In-depth working knowledge of the principals of financial statement, ratio and trend analysis
- Strong financial planning and business analysis skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel with some experience in Cognos preferred
- Familiarity with NetSuite
- Ability to work autonomously, interact with finance leadership and the company’s senior management and manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Inquisitive action-oriented individual with an appropriate level of drive
- Strong willingness to progress within the organization
- Flexible and adaptable attitude and approach
- Creative and innovative, balanced by a concern for order and structure
- Able to simplify complex issues
- Good interpersonal and team skills with emerging leadership abilities
- Enthusiastic and upbeat, with a strong work ethnic
- Able to work well within a group but not shy in challenging people and ideas
- Self-confident and mature, with good personal presence