Marketing Director – Marketing Solutions
Job ID 2021-2918
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
WebMD – the most recognized and trusted brand of consumer health information - seeks a Director to manage its Marketing Solutions team.
The Director, Marketing Solutions will be leading a team focused on developing compelling integrated marketing campaigns for WebMD’s pharmaceutical, CPG and health systems clients. WebMD’s Marketing Solutions Team directly supports and drives results for a sales team who are at the top of their industry.
The role will work closely with counterparts on the Product Marketing and Sales Management teams to assure that our product suite aligns to market needs and provide input and feedback to enhance, adapt and customize our offerings as needed.
- Manage a group of 8-10 marketing solutions managers, including several supervisors within the team
- Build, develop and manage team capable of delivering business goals
- Mentor team members to achieve objectives, resolve problems and grow into leadership roles
- Recommend and develop policies, procedures and systems to meet business objectives
- Proactively address employee performance issues and complete performance reviews
- Provide product and marketplace expertise to support prospective sales by addressing advertiser needs around capabilities, customization requests, and solution configuration
- Present campaign recommendations to key senior level clients and agencies in partnership with WebMD’s sales team
- Utilize strong problem solving and communications skills to work effectively across diverse cross-functional organization
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA a plus
- 10+ years’ experience in digital media/advertising in a strategy, marketing, business development, or other relevant role
- 5+ years management experience
- Highly self-motivated, self-confident and capable of juggling multiple priorities in a fast-paced client-focused environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with ability to present and articulate solutions to clients as well as internal stakeholders
- Understanding of pharmaceutical consumer marketing (DTC) and online advertising ecosystem a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft office and Sales Force