Job ID 2021-3451
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
WebMD is seeking a Health Editor for the Editorial Content team. WebMD's Editorial Content team creates the sites’ most popular and enduring content, reaching millions of users each day. In addition to medical reference articles and slideshows, the team develops immersive stories, blogs and WebMD's podcast, “Health Now.” The applicant should be a creative, independent editor with the ability to prioritize and excel in a deadline-driven environment. The applicant should have strong communications skills and should be comfortable working cross functionally to meet project deadlines.
- Editing high-quality, engaging, and medically-accurate content
- Updating and optimizing existing content
- Managing the editorial workflow from start to finish
- Work with freelancers as needed
- Managing multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines
- Providing new approaches for sometimes dry or difficult content for a variety of audiences
- Collaborating on strategic content with other departments, e.g. SEO Team, Medical Reviewers, Photo Editors, Content Editors, and Strategists as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, English, Journalism, Marketing or equivalent related experience
- 5+ years editing, including experience with an online Health, Wellness, News and/or Lifestyle brand
- Strong editorial judgment
- Demonstrated experience editing in a fast paced environment
- Strong familiarity with the web
- Basic knowledge of SEO
- Good organizational ability, good verbal communication skills, attention to detail and the capacity to work effectively under pressure
- Experience creating interactive content and working in a CMS
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Experience editing for a wide range of audiences
- Experience creating content that is driven by SEO data/collaborating with SEO
- Comfortable leading large projects
*Please send resume along with 3 editing samples*