Director, Live Small-Venue Events
Job ID 2019-1675
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
MedscapeLIVE! develops and produces compelling live, face to face educational programs designed to produce behavioral outcomes in a multitude of therapeutic areas and tailored formats across the globe.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Oversee all business aspects associated with the portfolio of small-venue medical communications events
- Develop strategies for expansion of business unit capabilities, deliverables and revenues related to Local Live operating vertical
- Deliver regular insights on competitive set and industry issues, and identify opportunities and make recommendations for competitive differentiation within the small-venue environment
- Drive revenue by equipping external sales teams on existing capabilities and provide communication materials for sales teams to deploy in the market.
- Develop a strong working relationship with external strategic business partners consisting of various clinical practices across settings and therapy areas
- Influence operational teams toward quality and timely delivery in accordance with business strategy
- Enable functional groups in the delivery of new products and initiatives
- Other tasks as assigned
- Travel domestically to engage strategic partners
Education, experience & skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years of experience
- Minimum of 12 years’ overall relevant experience with 7 years’ experience in medical communications meetings industry or related area
- In depth knowledge of clinical practice business structure and operations in the US healthcare market
- Great familiarity with live educational events on a local scale, including grand rounds and other local regional meetings
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, executive presence, and ability to build meaningful relationships with all levels of client and internal staff and management.
- Superb client development and project management skills and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to drive business growth through strategic, market-based solutions.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills, analytical skills and business judgment.
- Successful track record of thought-partnership, team work and leadership