Well Being Assistant Program Coordinator (San Jose, CA)
Job ID 2020-2321
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
This is a part time position, 8 hours /week. Located onsite at the client location in San Jose, CA
The Dedicated Well-being Assistant Program Coordinator (APC) will work collaboratively with the designated client’s health promotion team to provide face-to-face health coaching with eligible participants as well as help to raise awareness of the onsite program and the WebMD products and services that enable it.
Located at the site of the designated client, the APC will be responsible for face-to-face coaching sessions with a determined number of eligible participants eight (8) hours per week. Caseload, triage criteria, schedule and appropriate goals will be decided alongside the designated client. The APC will work with and be a resource for the individual employer units in their health promotion activities.
The APC will act as a customer advocate, as well be a point of contact with senior Customer stakeholders to increase participant engagement and maximize value delivered through the WebMD relationship. They may also support program planning and impact assessment.
APC’s will proactively identify opportunities for service delivery enhancement and improvement. As opportunities are identified, they will work with other Client Services staff, and Account and Product Management to improve processes, and assist with the proposal of new solutions.
The successful candidate will have a background in a health promotion, exercise physiology, and/or nutrition.
In this role you will:
- Perform face-to-face at-risk health education based on participants' completed health risk appraisal; one-on-one, video, active, & group coaching
- Provide assessment of at-risk areas and provide referrals to appropriate resources
- Understand and deliver client-centered coaching through a combination of reflective listening and identification of readiness to change
- Assist participants' progress through the stages of change for at-risk behavior
- Utilize Motivational Interviewing techniques to elicit behavior change and reduce participant ambivalence
- Improve the health lifestyle behaviors and overall health of participants.
- Participate in collective record keeping which allows for continuity to exist between multiple health education sessions
- Work with the Fulfillment department in delivering specific, supplemental health related materials to participants
- Assist in the production of aggregate reports which incorporate the health education calls made to clients' participants
- Assist with creating a culture of well-being at the worksite level
- Coordinate the flow of information and materials between WebMD and individual employer units located in the area
- Other duties specific to the account as designed by the client or WebMD (e.g. conduct biometric screenings or other in person health assessments, support fitness centers, etc.)
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- Minimum of 1 year Wellness Coordinator/Health Coaching or similar health and wellness client-facing experience required
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage relationships with multiple client stakeholders in a dynamic environment.
- Professional presence and technical credibility to interact with senior-level customer contacts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as and strong relationship building skills are required
- Familiarity with MS Office suite including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- BS/BA Preferred, MS/MPH differentiator
- Registered Dietician (RD) / Nutritionist Preferred.
- Certified Wellness Practitioner, CHES, Wellcoach certification preferred but not required.
- 2+ years Wellness Coordinator/Health Coaching or similar health and wellness client-facing experience preferred
As a member of WebMD Health Services, you may have access to confidential and sensitive information (including Protected Health Information) that will require you to follow additional protocols to ensure the security of our data. As a core requirement, you must implement and act in accordance with the organization’s information security policies; protect assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference; execute security processes or activities; and report security events or potential events or other security risks to the appropriate parties within the organization.