Job ID 2021-3156
MedscapeLIVE!, a Medscape Company, delivers MD and HCP audiences across all therapeutic areas. Access MDs and HCPs through MedscapeLIVE! Events.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
At MedscapeLIVE! you will be responsible for managing project timelines, event logistics, and collaborating with multi-disciplinary work teams across the organization to enable flawless execution of client events. The applicant should be a highly organized individual with the ability to prioritize and excel in a deadline-driven environment. The applicant should also have excellent problem-solving skills, critical-thinking, conflict resolution and be adept as internalizing and distilling issues and providing real-time guidance to team members.
What You’ll Do:
- Proficiency in navigating a matrix organization, collaborating with multi-disciplinary project teams, meeting client and management expectations, and ensuring programs remain on target and within agreed-upon parameters
- Serve as a collaborative partner to consistently provide value and expertise from project inception to execution and minimize our exposure and risk to successful
- Responsible for managing and maintaining project timelines through focused attention to detail
- Schedule and conduct meetings as necessary for each project, and provide ongoing updates to internal stakeholders as required on each initiative to ensure successful management and completion
- Use internal web-based project management tool to ensure development processes are followed and projects are on time and within specification
- Plan and execute event logistics for live events that include but are not limited to venue sourcing, contract negotiations, F&B, onsite support staff, lead retrievals, furniture, badges, AV, room set-ups, printing, etc.
Who You Are:
- A person who obtains satisfaction in delivering projects on time and within scope
- Someone who excels at developing and fostering positive working relationships
- A true team player who jumps in and tackles any tasks
- Comfortable in a highly deadline-driven environment, and able to pivot quickly between tasks and adapt to rapidly shifting priorities
- Enjoys leveraging technology to make your job easier
- Someone who has the ability to work overtime or travel, as needed
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent years of exp; PMI certification a plus
- Minimum of five years’ progressively responsible project and process management experience required; within the healthcare environment or medical education environment strongly preferred
- Experience with continuing medical education materials a plus
- Experience in an external client-facing environment
- High professionalism, ability to work independently, and easy rapport in building collaborative work relationships
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills and possess an eye for details
- Ability to provide creative solutions independently or within a team dynamic as issues arise
- Excellent verbal communication, writing, and grammar skills
- Above average ability to use Microsoft Office software (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Experience with web-based document sharing sites (such as Box) and web-based project management tools (such as Workfront) a plus
- Ability to travel 20-35% of the time