Director – HR Center of Excellence
Job ID 2020-2506
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Director – HR Center of Excellence
We are seeking a Director to lead a centralized HR function supporting about 2000 employees in the US. This function will handle employee relations, performance management, employee policy development & interpretation, and HRIS processing & reporting. As HR strives to play a more strategic role, you will help in transforming the HR function through process improvement, automation and best practices.
- Leads a team of generalists who handle a variety of functions including performance management, employee relations, compensation, policy interpretation, etc.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations
- Assists managers and HR generalists in understanding and implementing company policies related to performance management and corrective action
- Leads the process improvement and automation of employment transactions
- Promotes proactive approaches using the company's HRIS to solve business needs/problems
- Collects and compiles HR metrics and data from a variety of sources including the HRIS. Analyzes data and statistics for trends and patterns. Prepares reports of data results.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law
- Oversees New Hire Orientation Program
- Builds and maintains a strong functional team through effective recruiting, training, coaching, and team building
- Minimum of 8 years of HR generalist experience in multi-location organizations
- Experience in high tech, healthcare-related and/or digital media industries preferred
- 5+ years managing a team of HR generalists and/or employee relations specialists
- Significant experience resolving complex employee relations issues
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including employee relations, performance management, employee engagement, compensation, HRIS and federal and state employment laws
- Bachelor's degree in HR or related major or related equivalent experience
- Strong HRIS skills including reporting
- Track record of leading the process improvement and automation of HR
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- High accountability, proactive approach
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, matrixed environment
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification preferred