Associate Editor, US Pharmacist
Job ID 2021-3342
Jobson Healthcare Information (JHI) is a premier healthcare information and marketing services provider, with leading positions in a variety of growing healthcare markets such as pharmacy, eye care, clinician (physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants) and the managed markets (managed care, hospitals and government). Through its diversified, multi-media portfolio of marketing services, information databases, publications, medical education programs, events, websites and other digital and traditional media services, JHI is uniquely positioned to inform and educate a highly targeted network of approximately one million healthcare professionals across multiple specialties.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
The Associate Editor is responsible for producing articles that are easy to read and understand and meet quality standards within established deadlines. The position also facilitates copy flow between the editorial and art departments, as well as other reviewers/proofreaders. The Associate Editor maintains positive relations with authors, reviewers and staff. The Senior Associate Editor works with other team members and provides support to department members, operating as part of a team.
- Edit manuscripts for content, format and style
- Uses the Internet, textbooks and other accepted standards to research topics and content of articles to assure scientific material is presented clearly and accurately
- Edit CE articles and investigate answers on the CE exam making sure questions and answers to not appear ambiguous or awkward
- Communicate with authors to verify information, incorporate corrections, and develop tables, figures, sidebars and/or illustrations as needed
- Write/compile monthly columns such as Product News, Clinical News Digest, etc.
- Ensure quality and timeliness of the USP website and execute various Update email projects promoting USP content and client-sponsored eDirect emails
- Proof other team members’ edited email content prior to client testing for deployment approval, as needed
- Forward edited articles to Proof with appropriate routing slips attached and materials in folder as required and review Proof’s suggestions and comments
- Solicit reviewer comments and forward them to authors and then incorporate author revisions into the respective documents
- Proofread and follow all editorial processes
- Write headlines, blurs, decks, call-outs and sidebars for layouts and adding copy as needed
- Create file folders for each manuscript assigned and record receipt of manuscript, author and reviewer information into tracking system
- Report status of assigned articles in weekly editorial meetings; update the article grid on the server as needed
- Submit ‘almost final’ or paginated layout to Editor-in-Chief for review
- Communicate with art department regarding layouts and illustrations
- Establish and maintain rapport with authors
- Enter authors into the Econometrix invoicing system and update their information annually or as needed
- Obtain permission to use copyrighted materials as needed
- Represent the publication/journal at media or trade shows
- Suggest timely or important topics for articles
- Other duties as assigned
- 2+ years of editing experience required, ideally in a medically/ pharmaceutically related editorial position
- Knowledge of AMA style
- Candidate should be willing to do whatever is required to produce a high-quality journal.
- Outstanding copyediting and proofreading skills required
- Knowledge of the sciences and medical/pharmaceutical terminology preferred
- Knowledge of content management system (cms)/website posting preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software and other computer skills, including Mac computers
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently from home
- Superior attention to detail
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to set priorities and manage to tight deadlines
- Limited travel may be required