Outcomes Reporting Analyst
Job ID 2019-1602
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reporting Analyst, Education
The Reporting Analyst position reports to the Manager, Outcomes Products in the Outcomes and Insights team of Medscape Education. This role is responsible for creating reports of online education activities targeting Medscape’s physicians and healthcare professionals, with a specific emphasis on the US business unit. This position will need to be able to understand and intake business requests, perform data analysis, and provide the results in client (supporter) facing reports. The role will work in a team-oriented and dynamic environment and will require working closely with other teams such as Data and Analytics, Product Management, Audience Engagement, and Data Services in order to provide the sales organization with results-oriented data and performance metrics for our supporters. Various software packages and database and reporting tools, such as SQL query tool, Tableau, and PowerPoint, will all be utilized in order to collect, mine, and report on these data.
The ideal candidate will have strong data management, analytical, organization, communication, and problem solving skills to develop reports and tools - from large data sets and interfaces to internal and external clients - to analyze programs and products of Medscape Education’s business and provide business insights to support sales and revenue goals. He/she must have a proven ability to meet deadlines, while being proactive and detail-oriented.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Create routine supporter-facing metrics reports measuring overall educational activity performance and follow a set monthly and quarterly reporting schedule to ensure reporting deadlines are met
- Take ownership of managing internal ad-hoc reporting and data analytics requests and various internal process improvement initiatives
- Ability to work independently, multi-tasking and understanding priorities of requests and projects in a dynamic environment
- Maintain and enhance reporting template(s) and customize as needed using reporting tools such as Tableau, Excel pivot tables, and PowerPoint
- Provide additional insights and customized metrics reports on activity performance and impact to support sales in generating renewals for the Medscape Education business
- Manage JIRA ticketing system to support data analytics requests across all of Medscape Education
- Independently QA reports with existing tools and work with the QA team to ensure all reporting issues and defects are addressed before delivery of reports
- Recognize when improvements can be made to dashboards and work with Data and Analytics and Product Management teams to further develop enhancements for the dashboard to improve reporting functionality and efficiencies
- Ensure messaging and branding is consistent across the US business unit and its products
- Work closely with the sales organization and outcomes and insights management to assist in determining reporting needs based on supporter requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience; BA/BS in marketing or information systems is preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of related work experience in data analysis and/or client reporting is required
- Demonstrated experience working with Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server
- Strong Excel skill is required. Must be proficient in Excel and PowerPoint with ability to import and manipulate data from various data sources, aggregate data by using pivot tables, v-lookup, charts and graphs
- Must be proactive and detail-oriented
- Strong organization and time management skills is required
- Experience in writing SQL queries and working in a big data environment, such as Vertica, a plus
- Experience with reporting tools and web analytics tools such as Tableau, OBIEE, Cognos, Omniture, Google Analytics a strong plus
- Ability to manage a high-volume workload in a dynamically changing environment
- Strong analytical skills combined with the ability to communicate with seasoned management across multiple time zones
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience in a sales support environment with communicating data-driven analysis to various departments is preferred
- Prior experience with web analytics and reporting of client data, marketing experience a plus
- Creative thinker who can utilize existing resources in a productive and/or innovative way