Associate Performance Engineer
Job ID 2018-1038
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
WebMD is currently seeking an Associate Performance Engineer for WebMD.com and Medscape.com, including external and internal facing applications. This is a great opportunity for someone with good understanding of web applications and development and infrastructure knowledge. This person should be able to run code reviews; run up profilers (application profiling); investigate environment configurations; review performance best practices; tune and supply re-mediation activities to performance problems.
What You Will Be Doing at WebMD
- Provide technical assistance to improve system performance, capacity, reliability and scalability
- Oversee application/system performance lifecycle and identify key performance metrics/indicators
- Evaluate application/system performance and provide recommendations for improvements
- Implement process improvements to ensure testing efficiency
- Recommend new hardware and software to carry out performance testing
- Complete Performance testing
- Decide Baselines and Benchmarks
- Analyze tests results
- Develop test scenarios and maintain test lab and environment.
- Maintain Test Tools
- Training, Knowledge Sharing and Documentation
What's In It For You
Besides a competitive compensation package, you'll be working with a great group of technologists interested in always finding the right tool for the job in a culture that encourages innovation. If you're ready to take on some new technical challenges at a well-respected company, we'd love to hear from you.
What You Need For This Position (minimum qualifications)
- BS in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of operating enterprise systems that leverage SQL Server 2008/2012, Oracle or MySQL databases including strong SQL skills
- Knowledge of application servers like Tomcat, IIS
- Good Understanding of load testing tools like JMeter
- Solid knowledge of algorithms and data structures and ability to assess trade-offs between memories vs CPU vs I/O vs database load etc.
- Highly goal oriented, flexible and be able to adjust to changing priorities under stressful conditions and tight schedules.
- Be highly motivated to improve application performance
... and if you have the following, even better! (preferred qualifications)
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies
- Knowledge of APM tools like DynaTrace