Media Systems Technician
Job ID 2023-4774
WebMD Provider Services, a division of WebMD, is committed to supporting patients and caregivers from discovery to recovery. As prospective patients start their health care search, we're there with customized marketing and ongoing personalized health education. Our highly engaging content is also used at the point of care, accessible on health system televisions and via patient's own devices. Our content's depth and thoughtfulness drive deeper patient understanding and engagement for health improvement. Additionally, our integration technologies such as Krames On FHIR? and direct-to-patient messaging capabilities integrate seamlessly into the clinical workflow to deliver the right resources at the right time, freeing up clinicians to focus on what they do best care for patients.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
The Media Systems Technical Specialist prepares and manages media files as well as hardware and software systems used in the delivery of rich media to our “channels” customers. This position not only handles various aspects of media management and customer support, but also supports the technical infrastructure utilized in the management and delivery of media content. Delivery of media occurs over a live satellite transmission system as well as through network/internet channels, but other methodologies may also be utilized. This position is heavily involved in the engineering-level support of customers and customer-hosted equipment, specifically in the process of troubleshooting and executing corrective actions as necessary to ensure fast restoration of service.
- Lead responsibility for TOC-based broadcast platform infrastructure as directed by the CTO, including Compel, Broadcast Playout, Satellite Uplink/NMX, and other systems, as required.
- Provides Engineering-level Technical Support in collaboration with customers and other customer-interacting staff within the company to expedite the resolution of technical issues and implementation of new and upgraded systems. Provides high level technical support to field technicians as needed, when performing work at customer sites.
- Performs initial media player content loading and site-specific configuration of all customer premise equipment needed for break fix and/or system upgrade activities; performs QC for equipment prepared by peers.
- In close collaboration with the traffic team, provide support for playlist and group management as needed. May be called on to assist with training for the traffic team.
- Pivotal/key resource to conduct scheduled “pitches” of content and playlists to our broadcast platforms, including but not limited to Compel and Scala, for channel delivery and updates across our entire “channels customer” base. This responsibility includes pre and post launch QA as well as notifications as required. Portions of these tasks are required to be conducted outside of typical company business hours.
- In concert with the traffic team, assists with the management of cached content on remote media players, including periodic housekeeping/asset purges.
- Primary resource to generate scheduled Proof of Performance (POP) reports from the broadcast platforms. This function requires close collaboration with the traffic and ad sales teams.
- Participates in overall TOC infrastructure maintenance and support as needed, including power systems, broadcast system maintenance, inventory management, and other items as directed by the CTO.
- Involvement in various technical projects as needed. Examples include testing of software tools, experimental hardware, bench process methods, innovation efforts, etc.
- May assist Managers with various reports and metrics
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
- Strong attention to detail and adherence to defined processes
- Effective oral and written communication skills, strong focus on customer interaction and positive outcomes
- High level of organization and time management skills
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and prioritize
- Ability to translate technical knowledge effectively when interacting with customers at various levels of technical knowledge
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Flexible, adaptable, detail-oriented and self-motivated
- Ability to apply cause and effect critical thinking in the context of technical troubleshooting and system support
- Four-year degree in a business-related field and two years of related experience or six years of related experience
- Excels in a cross functional team environment
- Above average skills in using Microsoft Office tools as well as TWN’s Filemaker Database. Expert skills in Wegener Compel2, Scala Content Manager, and related broadcast system tools.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, stand, and walk. Work is performed in an office and technical systems environment with limited noise exposure, and occasional outdoor work. Requires frequent verbal communication either in person or by telephone to interact with employees, customers, vendors, suppliers, and consultants. May require work on ladders or elevated structures no higher than 15 ft. and lifting/handling equipment no more than 50lbs without team assistance.
The position is an office-based/tech center position based in Melboune, FL.
Occasional travel may be required. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.