Sales Director - Aptus Health
Job ID 2019-1774
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Aptus Health is looking for an exceptional sales executive who has deep understanding of select key accounts and can successfully represent the mobile-first DTC capabilities of Aptus Health. Aptus provides a unique opportunity for leadership in partner accounts to have immediate access to the many creative ideas that can be successfully employed with their key clients. Hence, the Sales Lead will be accountable and responsible for driving the strategy, management and revenue within the key account. Using superior judgement, the Sales Lead will research, plan and execute the overall client strategy to meet or exceed assigned objectives for Aptus Health and their book of business.
The Sales Director will be responsible for identifying key decision makers and facilitating strong relationships across multiple levels within the key account. It is the Sales Director’s charter to facilitate a long-term mutually beneficial business partnership with the key account (s) which may include brand teams, managed care teams, non-personal promotion teams, advertising agencies and other decision makers and stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain relationships with all relevant stakeholders to drive your book of business
- Understand the client’s business strategy, challenges and opportunities then position Aptus Health’s suite of solutions within the account to drive meaningful value for all stakeholders
- Meet or exceed assigned sales objectives/quotas; maintain existing business while expanding business relationships throughout the account
Candidate should be self-motivated with demonstrated sales ability and a long -proven record of key customer development and quota over-achievement. A Bachelor’s degree in a related field of Business or Marketing is preferred and an MBA is a plus. A minimum of 5 years sales and marketing experience in the pharmaceutical marketing industry is required, preferably selling marketing and/or other information products and solutions to the pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology industry. Experience selling DTC mobile marketing solutions preferred. Strong oral and written communication skills required. 25% travel may be required for some west coast accounts.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong judgement and willingness to take responsibility for the growth and profitability of their book of business
- Demonstrated ability to hit, sustain and exceed a $5MM goal
- Demonstrated success developing and nurturing key stakeholder relationships in the pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology industry
- Knowledge of sales concepts, methods and technique
- Experience selling media and data-driven solutions
- Strong understanding of business beyond core functional expertise
- Demonstrated expertise in pharmaceutical marketing with domain knowledge in innovative mobile-first DTC marketing channels
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to persuade, influence, negotiate and make formal presentations in meeting and training environments
- Strong MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel ability
- Demonstrated skills in organization group process, problem identification and resolution at both a strategic and functional level
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with people from multi-functional and diverse backgrounds
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities