Vice President Human Resources
Job ID 2020-2121
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers, and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org, and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant, and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools, and access to online communities.
We are seeking a Vice President, Human Resources to be a key member of WebMD’s executive leadership team. The role will be based in New York City and will be required to be on site. The VP, HR will be a strategic business leader, developing and executing human resource strategy globally in support of the business plan and strategic direction of the organization. This individual will possess broad business knowledge and leadership skills to build on our high-performance culture.
- Collaborate with Internet Brands and WebMD leadership to drive HR strategy, policies, and programs that are aligned and support business strategies and objectives.
- Contribute to the strategic direction of the business through engagement and leadership in senior staff meetings and discussion.
- Engage leaders in building alignment, creating synergies, and fostering a common culture that will grow the overall business.
- Continuously improve the quality of the overall human capital by attracting and promoting the best talent and building strong overall succession pipelines and working collaboratively with leaders to understand staffing requirements and ensure the workforce meets current and future needs.
- Play a key role in due diligence activities for M&A as well as the integration of newly acquired businesses.
- Set the standard for WebMD’s overall leadership expectation. Hold self and leaders accountable for achieving results. Identify obstacles to getting things done in the organization. Make difficult and tough decisions in a timely manner.
- Design and implement fair, competitive, and cost-effective compensation packages of salary, incentive compensation, and benefits.
- Ensure the continuous development of employees at all levels through well-designed learning and leadership development that addresses priorities for business and leadership capability.
- Ensure the continuous increase of employee productivity through the ongoing evaluation and evolution of performance standards, productivity goals, and incentive compensation in targeted areas.
- Provide overall leadership and development for a 15+ human resources team, ensuring that the function is high-performing and best-in-class, setting an example for the organization around performance.
- 15+ years of experience, ideally with some time serving in a top HR role for a large division or full company.
- Extensive leadership experience and a track record of leading growth and transformation, ideally in product and tech-focused organizations with multiple locations, with international experience preferred.
- Prior experience with M&A and business integration, looking for on-going synergies, and opportunities to support growth his required.
- Experience and knowledge of best practices across the HR domains, including total rewards, strategy development and execution, compliance, talent management and organizational development, change management, employee relations, executive development, and talent acquisition.
- Experience leading HR teams aligned to supporting broad corporate goals as well as to the needs of the individual business units.
- Ability to navigate and be successful in a complex matrixed organization with the ability to build buy-in while juggling differing perspectives and demands.
- A talent mindset and focus on building programs that align employee performance with company objectives and facilitate attracting and retaining top-quality talent.
- A passion for building and supporting a diverse workforce and fostering an inclusive culture.
- Strong executive presence with exceptional influencing and business skills. The maturity and interpersonal savvy to be proactive and establish credibility with all employees at all levels.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business (preferred) or related field or equivalent relative work experience is required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orient
ation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.