Technical Product Specialist
Job ID 2020-2460
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
Krames, a division of WebMD, provides patient education and marketing solutions for more than 1,500 health systems and hospitals, and eight of the 10 largest health payers in the United States.
Krames has been a trusted source for engaging, medically-reviewed patient education and outreach tools across the health care ecosystem for more than 40 years. Our technology-enabled solutions including Krames On FHIR®, Krames On-Demand®, the StayWell Consumer Health Library, and high-touch custom marketing solutions reach more than 11 million patients each year.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
- Setting up VPN tunnels to enable network connectivity
- Configuring and testing data flow across HL7 feeds
- Tenant configuration within our proprietary admin tool
- Project manage client IT staff and operational owners to mitigate delays
Education and/or Experience
- 2 years of experience in a software product development or implementation role with project/product management. Education and Healthcare IT experience in lieu of product management experience will be considered.
- Experience with HL7 feeds
- Experience working with EMRs - Epic or Cerner systems. Certification highly desired.
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA or MS in Computer Science preferred.
- Proven track record of successfully working with product development teams to execute on roadmap items
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced with high attention to detail and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Excellent spoken and written communication as well as receptive listening skills, with ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases. Ability to clearly communicate data insights to others
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum environment, and with Jira are all a plus
Ability to read and interpret documents such as technical requirements, standards documentation, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Must demonstrate a command of the English language (read, write and speak).
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions, proportions, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software; Development software; Internet software; Order processing systems; Project Management software; Spreadsheet software; Word Processing software, and any other software or system necessary for fulfilling the requirements of this position such as the Microsoft Office suite.
Must have technical skills using basic SQL. Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook or other email service desired.
Must have the ability to troubleshoot interfaces and data exchanges.
Must be experienced with Salesforce or other CRM software.
Familiarity with Security software and hardware required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Other Skills and Abilities
Must be able to manage scheduled and unscheduled tasks and priorities effectively.
Regulated employees participate in training and continuous improvement required for each employee as determined by Staywell.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Travel multiple times per quarter is required