Sales Account Manager
Job ID 2022-4087
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
Sales/Revenue Objectives (“Target” Goal)
- Work with team to maximize revenue that can be billed and recognized
- Align closely with team’s Planner to manage and ensure billing/payment is up-to-date
- Oversee media and engagement delivery alongside Planners and Sellers to ensure all revenue is recognized by working closely with the following teams: Planning, Inventory, Delivery and Client Solutions in partnership with sales lead
- Manage added value contracting and billing to ensure invoices are processed and aligned with added value allocations
- Manage viewability tracker to ensure we are meeting viewability goals and minimize under-delivery
- Coordinate and manage delivery of monthly reports, coordinating with the agency, Medscape Program Marketing Team and Sales management to deliver quarterly and monthly, as requested, including weekly physician level data if applicable
Customer Objectives (“Target” Goal)
- Maintain day-to-day contact with agencies and key manufacturer customers
- Respond to client requests and inquiries in a timely manner and demonstrate exceptional follow-through
- Support sales management in development and execution of sales materials, including preparation of client presentations and proposals
- Construct and manage reporting needs that relate to key accounts and corporate contracts on a consistent and ongoing basis.
Internal Business Process Objectives (“Target” Goal)
- Facilitate efficient work practices through collaboration with Pre-Sales Marketing, Pricing, Inventory, Sales Operations, Ad Operations, Finance, Legal, Product Management and Research
- Meet consistently with internal and external teams to manage timelines, assets, progress, and client deliverables in partnership with sales lead
- Working with other departments to stream processes to allow for efficient timelines
- Closely align with Sales to ensure optimal partnership relations
- Help manage target lists, maintain tracker of latest lists utilized for all campaigns if applicable
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with a combination of digital media buying/planning, agency and healthcare experience.
- Passion for customer service and for ensuring that our clients have the best experience possible
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent experience.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, responsible and result driven, solid communication skills
- Knowledge of internet technologies
- Knowledge of marketing-related creative process (marketing or agency experience preferred, especially within the pharmaceutical industry) a plus
- Excellent organization and documentation skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)